Reactivating integrated graphics card

knottshawk

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
I have a Radeon that I'm going to move to a new computer... what steps do I need to take to "reactivate" the drivers and whatnot for the integrated graphics card on my old system once the Radeon is out? Keep in mind I'm a noob... thanks in advance

piratepast40

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
If you're looking for piece of mind, take a look at your bios and see if it gives you options for onboard or your video slot. If you have the option, enable the onboard prior to removing the video card.

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
Take out the radeon, move the monitor cable to the mobo's graphics output port and boot up.

If you don't see anything on the display, you know it isn't enabled in the bios. If you do, you know it is.

Go into Windows and it should just work. If it doesn't, you can always put the radeon back in.

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Whats the intergrated card? if its ATI then you shouldnt need any new drivers, if it's something else, before you take the radeon out, uninstall all ATI drivers then restart, go to BIOS and select the primary display to onboard. shutdown take card out, change to mobo vid card.
btw that being said, if there's no card anyway it will revert to the onboard display

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Might have to re-install your onboard drivers from your MB cd. Might have to select your onboard in bios, but shouldn't have to.