HOLY *@&#^ ZALMAN IS AWESOME!

Phrozt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Ok.. understand my position first. I got off a full day of work at 5:00 (stayed half an hour late). I've been talking to support people for 3 and a half freaking hours. I've had a problem with ports not working for a game, so I talked to the game's support line... then to the router's support line... no help either way. Then recently I had this problem where my 120mm exhaust fan fell into ZALMAN CNPS7000A-AlCu unit and broke a fin off the fan.

I talked to newegg about it... telling them how I am currently specing an entirely new system with them, and they wouldn't send me anything for a replacement, even though it was a faulty 120mm fan that I bought from them that was the culprit. Was talking to them for probably 15 minutes because it took over a minute every time they had to send me a auto generated response. So I'm thinking that I'll call zalman as a last ditch effort

They picked up after the first ring. I said "I have a few quick questions" and he cut me off and said "ok I'll send you to the support team." I'm thinking.. greeeat... another 20 minutes waiting for nothing.

The transfer didn't ring once... the guy picked it up that fast. I explained to him the problem, he said "so really you just need a replacement for your fan then?" I said yeah, he said "no problem.. fill out the RMA and I'll get one right out to you. I said, "well... it's kind of an old order.. you sure?" He said, "I've been in your situation before.. it's really frustrating, and we're talking about us sending you a 50 cent replacement fan. Everyone is happy.. we go about our merry ways." He also said he'd send some thermal paste incase I needed it.

Freaking

Awesome.

I will buy zalman products for the rest of my life.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
A little service can go a long way. They charge quite some money for their (copper) coolers. Sending out a fan (50cent) per mail (another 50cent) won´t kill their profits but doing that in such an uncomplicated fashion is quite noteworthy. That´s good (and cheap) marketing too. :lol:

mrmez

Splendid
From a business/marketing POV, the most satisfied customers often actually HAVE problems with their purchase only to have them resolved totally to their satisfaction.

U buy something and it works, duh, u feel normal. But these days ppl EXPECT to be stuffed around if there is a prob. So... if u fix it right its actually easy (and cheap) to keep happy customers

Best $10 Zallman can spend on marketing.

Word

HunterKiller_

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
Products should work perfectly straight from the box, but these things do happen.
Good to know there's such a friendly company around.

alpha_channel

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Wow makes me want to buy a Zalman product right now!

How well does it perform?

Well my Zalman 9700 is quite good, my old rig (when run at the same time as my new rig) drowns out my new one. Admittedly the 9700 fan is the loudest in my entire system but in comparison it's whisper quite (and the temps are quite good too - idle at around 28-29deg C and the highest temps I've achieved (in a Vue 5 Infinite render, which uses both cores) has maxed out around 31deg C on a e6600 (standard clock, just letting things settle down before I start to OC).

Though now I know what I'm paying for if the service in the UK is as good.

Phrozt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
It did work perfectly out of the box... read my story again. What happened is my 120mmexhaust fan fell INTO the zalman fan and broke a fin off of it...