Sign in with
Your question

E4300 Idle temps

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 3, 2007 12:55:39 AM

G'day (yes I'm Aussie 8) )

I just built my first machine last Friday and noticed that my CPU temps Idle at around 22°C (71°F) and system temps are around 38C (100F). The CPU fan spins at about 430-460 RPM. Is this normal?

I'm thinking maybe my sensors are screwed, or something wrong with the motherboard.

Specs:

E4300 with stock HS/fan @ 1.8GHz (not OC yet).
Gigabyte DS3
1 GB RAM Samsung 667 MHz
Powercolor x1950 PRO
Cooler Master Centurion case
530 W Tagan PSU , 2 12v rails (20Amps each).

Thanks.

More about : e4300 idle temps

February 3, 2007 1:04:28 AM

My temps at load are less then 100 degress fehrenheit. I love this processor.
Related resources
February 3, 2007 1:12:56 AM

Personally, I use Everest, a program from Lavalys. Gives a bunch of little information about your computer that you might like to know, that you might not have otherwise been aware of.

I just checked my temps again, it's running at a balmy 88 degrees fehrenhiet. Ambient temperatures are at about 60 degrees I'd say. Need a blanket to keep warm, I know that much.
February 3, 2007 2:03:21 AM

Quote:
G'day (yes I'm Aussie 8) )

I just built my first machine last Friday and noticed that my CPU temps Idle at around 22°C (71°F) and system temps are around 38C (100F). The CPU fan spins at about 430-460 RPM. Is this normal?

I'm thinking maybe my sensors are screwed, or something wrong with the motherboard.

Specs:

Gigabyte DS3
1 GB RAM Samsung 667 MHz
Powercolor x1950 PRO
Cooler Master Centurion case
530 W Tagan PSU , 2 12v rails (20Amps each).

Thanks.

Keep checking that Intel HSF every now and then.

They are noted to come away :roll: from MB/CPU
a c 448 à CPUs
February 3, 2007 5:50:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies.

I just downloaded Intel Thermal Analysis Tool from this thread
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Core-Duo-Temper...

This thing tells me the CPU is running @ 40°C. There has to be something wrong here.

Most poeople relies on Intel TAT or Core Temp since they are considered very accurate. You can download Core Temp from the following link and it should give you similar results as TAT.

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.p...
February 3, 2007 7:21:35 AM

im in east coast auzzieland ant my cpu at load is 57 and 46 idle with stock fan , its usually 30c here so its hot to begin with lol
February 3, 2007 7:29:21 AM

Quote:
Most poeople relies on Intel TAT or Core Temp since they are considered very accurate. You can download Core Temp from the following link and it should give you similar results as TAT.

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.p...

Thanks. I just downloaded and tried Core temp, and it agrees with my motherboard software. See pic:

a b à CPUs
February 3, 2007 7:55:21 AM

Quote:
...noticed that my CPU temps Idle at around 22°C (71°F) and system temps are around 38C (100F). The CPU fan spins at about 430-460 RPM. Is this normal?

Gigabyte DS3

I've been noting a number of threads over tha past many weeks citing complaints regarding reversed or doubtful teperature indications from Gigabyte motherboards. As Gigabyte doesn't host a forum, you may have to search around a bit. Have you flashed the BIOS?

Quote:
I just downloaded Intel Thermal Analysis Tool from this thread...

This thing tells me the CPU is running @ 40°C. There has to be something wrong here.

For more information on C2D temperatures, check out:

Core 2 Duo Temperature Guide

Hope this helps. 8)
!