Windows Task manager Disabled

I don't know how it happened but my Windows Task Manager has been disabled
"by system administrator". Unfortunately I am the only one using this
computer and I didn't do it - not knowingly anyway. How do I re-enable it. I
have looked at everything in the control panel but found nothing.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows task manager disabled

    Hi Zahra and Paul,

    First, update your Antivirus software and run a full system scan to ensure
    that this behaviour is not being caused by a virus/trojan.

    If the above is not the case, try these fixes:

    XP Pro - go to Start>Run and key in gpedit.msc then click on OK or hit
    ENTER. Under User Configuration, double-click on Administrative Templates
    then System and then single-click on Crtl+Alt+Del Options. In the right-hand
    pane, double-click Remove Task Manager and then click in the radio button
    beside Not Configured, then click on OK.

    XP Home - d/load and run the fix that is available here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (line 51, right-hand side -->
    Enable the Task Manager)

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Zahra and Paul" <pethomps@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I don't know how it happened but my Windows Task Manager has been disabled
    > "by system administrator". Unfortunately I am the only one using this
    > computer and I didn't do it - not knowingly anyway. How do I re-enable it.
    > have looked at everything in the control panel but found nothing.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Control Panel Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP