Date format problem

I have a financial application written in Australia for Australian
conditions. It has worked fine under Win 95 & Win 98.
To select a reference date (eg 1 July 2004), you open the calendar to
July 2004 & double click in the box labelled 1.

Under Win XP, this references 7 January 2004. Clearly the system is
getting confused between the dd/mm/yyyy & mm/dd/yyyy formats. But it
has only become a problem with XP. In all other respects the
application seems to work fine.

I'm running the application in Win 95 compatibility mode, but this
hasn't fixed the problem. Is there a setting I can access in Win XP
that will fix this?
Dave Gillingham

Dave,

Open Control Panel, Regional and Language Options.Select "English (United
States)" from the list. This automatically changes the date format to
"M/d/yyyy". UK format uses dd/MM/yyyy

Or, click "Customize" > Advanced. Set the date format accordingly.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User