ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Delux, What MB chipset does it use?

JordonB

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Nowhere on the Asus site or in the product manual is there any clue as to the main MB chipset. I would love to update my forceware for the motherboard, but the Asus site lists chipsets like 680i, 590 etc. I need to know mine. I also would love to know the asus forceware ftp site which I lost when I moved from my last board to this one. By the way. I overclocked it a quite reasonable 10% with the auto overclock settings and it works great. I know its not much, but hey, I've just started. All problems with DDR2 800 memory chips can be solved by using Corsair XMS2 Pro Series or better. OCZ works but you have to take the Northbridge voltage and memory voltage up one notch to get things in order. The Corsair leaves more room for playing around.
Thanks for any help :)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Nowhere on the Asus site or in the product manual is there any clue as to the main MB chipset. I would love to update my forceware for the motherboard, but the Asus site lists chipsets like 680i, 590 etc. I need to know mine. I also would love to know the asus forceware ftp site which I lost when I moved from my last board to this one. By the way. I overclocked it a quite reasonable 10% with the auto overclock settings and it works great. I know its not much, but hey, I've just started. All problems with DDR2 800 memory chips can be solved by using Corsair XMS2 Pro Series or better. OCZ works but you have to take the Northbridge voltage and memory voltage up one notch to get things in order. The Corsair leaves more room for playing around.
Thanks for any help :)
NForce4 SLI chipset.

NVIDIA® nForce4 SLI Intel® Edition
NVIDIA® nForce™4 SLI Intel Edition Notherbridge and nForce4 SLI Southbridge - The ultimate enthusiast platform

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&model=1280&modelmenu=1

:wink:

JordonB

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Maybe I should have been more specific.
The Asus website lists MB upgrades that are quite dated. Nvidias website has the most recent system updates but they list it by chipset such as 680i sli 590 sli 570sli, etc.
What chipset does this board use? I find no mention of it in the manual and the chips are covered with heatsinks. Your answer is not specific enough for a exact match and I've heard it mentioned before. I beleive its a 590i but I'm not sure.