Neverwinter killing VOIP modem

Hi,

I have played Neverwinter multiplayer twice since getting my Vonage
VOIP modem and both times after playing Neverwinter my VOIP modem has
required a reset to restore internet connnectivity. Since tehre are
jsut two of us playing Neverwinter and we are using my wireless network
we can simply disconnect my PC from the VOIP modem but I would like to
fix this problem as at somepoint I may wnat to play Neverwinter over
the Internet. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks
Andy

finn

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

Crash55 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have played Neverwinter multiplayer twice since getting my Vonage
> VOIP modem and both times after playing Neverwinter my VOIP modem has
> required a reset to restore internet connnectivity. Since tehre are
> jsut two of us playing Neverwinter and we are using my wireless network
> we can simply disconnect my PC from the VOIP modem but I would like to
> fix this problem as at somepoint I may wnat to play Neverwinter over
> the Internet. Any ideas on what to do?
>
> Thanks
> Andy

couple of questions.
1) are you resetting both the modem and router or just the modem to get
back on line?
2) is your digital phone working even tho the internet connection has
gone down?
3) are you running a proxy server?
4) what make and model router and modem?

It sounds to me like a caching problem to me based on what you have
stated. It may be a setting in the router or modem causing the issue.

Finn wrote:
> Crash55 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have played Neverwinter multiplayer twice since getting my Vonage
> > VOIP modem and both times after playing Neverwinter my VOIP modem
has
> > required a reset to restore internet connnectivity. Since tehre are
> > jsut two of us playing Neverwinter and we are using my wireless
network
> > we can simply disconnect my PC from the VOIP modem but I would like
> > fix this problem as at somepoint I may wnat to play Neverwinter
over
> > the Internet. Any ideas on what to do?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Andy
> >
> couple of questions.
> 1) are you resetting both the modem and router or just the modem to
get
> back on line?
> 2) is your digital phone working even tho the internet connection has

> gone down?
> 3) are you running a proxy server?
> 4) what make and model router and modem?
>
> It sounds to me like a caching problem to me based on what you have
> stated. It may be a setting in the router or modem causing the
issue.

The problem turned out to be the client port setting on the PC. Both
PCs had the same port setitng and once we changed my friend's PC to a
different port everything worked OK.