DVI cable, Which one ?

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 17, 2004 10:58:13 PM

Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.

I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for a DVI
cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the price
looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
Can someone tell me which one I need ?
TIA

--
NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"

More about : dvi cable

Anonymous
June 17, 2004 11:35:49 PM

Check on Buy.com.
"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
news:p KGdnUxkZPOVsk_d4p2dnA@giganews.com...
> Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.
>
> I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for a
DVI
> cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the
price
> looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
> Can someone tell me which one I need ?
> TIA
>

> --
> NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"

June 18, 2004 1:34:26 PM

"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
news:p KGdnUxkZPOVsk_d4p2dnA@giganews.com...
> Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.
>
> I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for a
DVI
> cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the
price
> looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
> Can someone tell me which one I need ?
> TIA
>

> --
> NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"

You should get the Monster... its about 76% more digital than generic
brands, and more digital means more better!! :p

I stopped by Fry's and found a decent 6 footer for 20 or 25 bucks, they have
pretty good prices on cables if you look in the COMPUTER section... funny
how I bought a 9 dollar optical cable (very thin, basic cable) and went to
the other side of the store to se a Monster cable (ok, it WAS prettier) for
70 bucks!!!!! I mean dude... its plastic... wtf?
June 18, 2004 1:34:27 PM

"Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message

> "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> news:p KGdnUxkZPOVsk_d4p2dnA@giganews.com...
> > Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.
> >
> > I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for a
> DVI
> > cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the
> price
> > looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
> > Can someone tell me which one I need ?
> > TIA
> >

> > --
> > NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"
> >

> You should get the Monster... its about 76% more digital than generic
> brands, and more digital means more better!! :p
>
> I stopped by Fry's and found a decent 6 footer for 20 or 25 bucks, they
have
> pretty good prices on cables if you look in the COMPUTER section... funny
> how I bought a 9 dollar optical cable (very thin, basic cable) and went to
> the other side of the store to se a Monster cable (ok, it WAS prettier)
for
> 70 bucks!!!!! I mean dude... its plastic... wtf?

I'm assuming your emoticon was a tongue-in-cheek about that 76% figure.

Bearman
June 18, 2004 3:23:45 PM

"bearman" <noyb@home.com> wrote in message

> "Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> > news:p KGdnUxkZPOVsk_d4p2dnA@giganews.com...
> > > Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.
> > >
> > > I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for
> > DVI
> > > cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the
> > price
> > > looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
> > > Can someone tell me which one I need ?
> > > TIA
> > >

> > > --
> > > NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"
> > >

> > You should get the Monster... its about 76% more digital than generic
> > brands, and more digital means more better!! :p
> >
> > I stopped by Fry's and found a decent 6 footer for 20 or 25 bucks, they
> have
> > pretty good prices on cables if you look in the COMPUTER section...
funny
> > how I bought a 9 dollar optical cable (very thin, basic cable) and went
> > the other side of the store to se a Monster cable (ok, it WAS prettier)
> for
> > 70 bucks!!!!! I mean dude... its plastic... wtf?
> >

> I'm assuming your emoticon was a tongue-in-cheek about that 76% figure.
>
> Bearman

You assumed right hehe!
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 4:02:52 PM

I,ve got some Monster S-VHS cables from back when, but getting my New TV, a
Reciever OTA etc, I'll set back for a bit yet I guess.

--
NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"

"Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message

> "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> news:p KGdnUxkZPOVsk_d4p2dnA@giganews.com...
> > Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.
> >
> > I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for a
> DVI
> > cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the
> price
> > looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
> > Can someone tell me which one I need ?
> > TIA
> >

> > --
> > NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"
> >

> You should get the Monster... its about 76% more digital than generic
> brands, and more digital means more better!! :p
>
> I stopped by Fry's and found a decent 6 footer for 20 or 25 bucks, they
have
> pretty good prices on cables if you look in the COMPUTER section... funny
> how I bought a 9 dollar optical cable (very thin, basic cable) and went to
> the other side of the store to se a Monster cable (ok, it WAS prettier)
for
> 70 bucks!!!!! I mean dude... its plastic... wtf?

Anonymous
June 18, 2004 11:10:39 PM

"Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message

> "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> news:p KGdnUxkZPOVsk_d4p2dnA@giganews.com...
> > Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.
> >
> > I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for a
> DVI
> > cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the
> price
> > looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
> > Can someone tell me which one I need ?
> > TIA
> >

> > --
> > NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"
> >

> You should get the Monster... its about 76% more digital than generic
> brands, and more digital means more better!! :p
>
> I stopped by Fry's and found a decent 6 footer for 20 or 25 bucks, they
have
> pretty good prices on cables if you look in the COMPUTER section... funny
> how I bought a 9 dollar optical cable (very thin, basic cable) and went to
> the other side of the store to se a Monster cable (ok, it WAS prettier)
for
> 70 bucks!!!!! I mean dude... its plastic... wtf?

Most digital cables only transmit 0's and 1's.
Monster guarantees 0.00000 and 1.00000

Not to mention 10.00000 times more profit to the retailer.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 12:20:20 AM

In article <y-WdnSbt4L3r607dRVn-sw@comcast.com>,
"Randy Sweeney" <rsweeney1@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> > news:p KGdnUxkZPOVsk_d4p2dnA@giganews.com...
> > > Monster wants 100 for a 6 foot, no way.
> > >
> > > I have the LG LST3510a (From CC), and started looking thru Google for a
> > DVI
> > > cable, and notice there are Twin (which look like one to me), but the
> > price
> > > looks about right, 20 on up for 6 foot.
> > > Can someone tell me which one I need ?
> > > TIA
> > >
> > You should get the Monster... its about 76% more digital than generic
> > brands, and more digital means more better!! :p
> >
> > I stopped by Fry's and found a decent 6 footer for 20 or 25 bucks, they
> have
> > pretty good prices on cables if you look in the COMPUTER section... funny
> > how I bought a 9 dollar optical cable (very thin, basic cable) and went to
> > the other side of the store to se a Monster cable (ok, it WAS prettier)
> for
> > 70 bucks!!!!! I mean dude... its plastic... wtf?
>
> Most digital cables only transmit 0's and 1's.
> Monster guarantees 0.00000 and 1.00000
>
> Not to mention 10.00000 times more profit to the retailer.

Well, they have to cover the cost of GOLD CONTACTS on their optical
cables somehow!
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 5:04:52 PM

"Bruce Tomlin" <bruce#fanboy.net@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> > Most digital cables only transmit 0's and 1's.
> > Monster guarantees 0.00000 and 1.00000
> >
> > Not to mention 10.00000 times more profit to the retailer.
>
> Well, they have to cover the cost of GOLD CONTACTS on their optical
> cables somehow!

And not just any gold.. but genuine evil spirit-free, Incan optical-quality
cryogenic gold... vacuum smelted to absolute purity by Incan priests using
diamond crucibles and an ancient secret temple process brought by aliens.

And don't forget the fine Corinthian leather.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 4:10:41 AM

Single link $20............... Why not!
!