Possible Compatibility Problem

I have an application that has run happily under Win95 & Win98SE. In
XP when I attempt to run it I get the error message:

Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 00013036.
Access violation at address 7C913036 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of
address 001400EB.

The installer runs perfectly in both XP & Win95 compatibility modes.
No matter what compatibility mode I try to run the application in, I
get exactly the same error message.

The application notes state: System required: Windows 95 or NT.

I know I could get a more recent version of the application, but I
*don't like* them at all. I would far rather get my present version
running. Advice please??
Dave Gillingham
More about possible compatibility problem

    Dave Gillingham <dewg@private.optusnet.com.au> wrote in

    > I have an application that has run happily under Win95 & Win98SE. In
    > XP when I attempt to run it I get the error message:
    >
    > Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 00013036.
    > Access violation at address 7C913036 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of
    > address 001400EB.
    >
    > The installer runs perfectly in both XP & Win95 compatibility modes.
    > No matter what compatibility mode I try to run the application in, I
    > get exactly the same error message.
    >
    > The application notes state: System required: Windows 95 or NT.
    >
    > I know I could get a more recent version of the application, but I
    > *don't like* them at all. I would far rather get my present version
    > running. Advice please??
    > Dave Gillingham
    > ------- To email me remove the .private from my email address.

    and what is hte application ? knowing that may help.

    And the app. is?

    --

    johnf

    >I have an application that has run happily under Win95 & Win98SE. In
    > XP when I attempt to run it I get the error message:
    >
    > Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 00013036.
    > Access violation at address 7C913036 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of
    > address 001400EB.
    >
    > The installer runs perfectly in both XP & Win95 compatibility modes.
    > No matter what compatibility mode I try to run the application in, I
    > get exactly the same error message.
    >
    > The application notes state: System required: Windows 95 or NT.
    >
    > I know I could get a more recent version of the application, but I
    > *don't like* them at all. I would far rather get my present version
    > running. Advice please??
    > Dave Gillingham
    > To email me remove the .private from my email address.

    Sorry, I thought the error message would be the most relevant. It's
    an earlier version of Oakley Data's Smart Address. As I said
    initially, I'd rather not upgrade because I far prefer this version.

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:20:47 +1100, "johnf" <john_f@bigpond.net.a>
    wrote:

    >And the app. is?

    Dave Gillingham