  • Compatibility
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
February 23, 2005 1:13:28 AM

I have an application that has run happily under Win95 & Win98SE. In
XP when I attempt to run it I get the error message:

Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 00013036.
Access violation at address 7C913036 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of
address 001400EB.

The installer runs perfectly in both XP & Win95 compatibility modes.
No matter what compatibility mode I try to run the application in, I
get exactly the same error message.

The application notes state: System required: Windows 95 or NT.

I know I could get a more recent version of the application, but I
*don't like* them at all. I would far rather get my present version
running. Advice please??
Dave Gillingham

More about : compatibility problem

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:13:29 AM

Dave Gillingham <dewg@private.optusnet.com.au> wrote in

> I have an application that has run happily under Win95 & Win98SE. In
> XP when I attempt to run it I get the error message:
>
> Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 00013036.
> Access violation at address 7C913036 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of
> address 001400EB.
>
> The installer runs perfectly in both XP & Win95 compatibility modes.
> No matter what compatibility mode I try to run the application in, I
> get exactly the same error message.
>
> The application notes state: System required: Windows 95 or NT.
>
> I know I could get a more recent version of the application, but I
> *don't like* them at all. I would far rather get my present version
> running. Advice please??
> Dave Gillingham
> ------- To email me remove the .private from my email address.

and what is hte application ? knowing that may help.
February 23, 2005 2:20:47 AM

And the app. is?

--

johnf

>I have an application that has run happily under Win95 & Win98SE. In
> XP when I attempt to run it I get the error message:
>
> Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 00013036.
> Access violation at address 7C913036 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of
> address 001400EB.
>
> The installer runs perfectly in both XP & Win95 compatibility modes.
> No matter what compatibility mode I try to run the application in, I
> get exactly the same error message.
>
> The application notes state: System required: Windows 95 or NT.
>
> I know I could get a more recent version of the application, but I
> *don't like* them at all. I would far rather get my present version
> running. Advice please??
> Dave Gillingham
> To email me remove the .private from my email address.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 10:51:51 PM

Sorry, I thought the error message would be the most relevant. It's
an earlier version of Oakley Data's Smart Address. As I said
initially, I'd rather not upgrade because I far prefer this version.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:20:47 +1100, "johnf" <john_f@bigpond.net.a>
wrote:

>And the app. is?

Dave Gillingham