Performance Crown

LGA775 or AM2; which will have the final performance crown?!

• LGA775

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • AM2

Votes: 23 37.7%

• Total voters

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Just wondering, which of the current representative sockets of AMD and Intel will end up with the final best CPU; How far will scale a current AMD or Intel system?!

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Just wondering, which of the current representative sockets of AMD and Intel will end up with the final best CPU; How far will scale a current AMD or Intel system?!

That's a lot to ask. How is anyone supposed to know? I actually hope they finish within 5% of each other so people can have a war about something other than my PC.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Flame bait! There have been numerous(too many to count) threads WRT Intel/AMD upcoming CPU's, their respective socket compatabilities, and expected performance. I think from all that, you can glean an opinion for yourself, that would just serve as an argument starter as a thread.

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I dont think that theres a problem with a socket, the problem usually is the question whether or not the socket can support new features you would like to introduce.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Flame bait! There have been numerous(too many to count) threads WRT Intel/AMD upcoming CPU's, their respective socket compatabilities, and expected performance. I think from all that, you can glean an opinion for yourself, that would just serve as an argument starter as a thread.
:oops: That was the last thing I was thinking about; it was just sort of gambling because both CPUs I am talking about do net exist for the moment. It's just for curiosity, what people thought about these two upgrade paths.
Even if I like AMD more than Intel and think K8L will be a great chip, I had another feeling and voted the LGA775, that's not supposed to lit flames. :roll:

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
we should do like ancient times.......create some kind of olimpic games but for AMD fans and Intel fans....and then sit back and see how they kill each other to the ground , while we (the none fanatic kind) enjoy the show and get splattered by the green and blue blood....WUAJAJAJA :twisted:

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
the final?
I dont think any of these
I bet penryn will need a diferent socket-mobo combination o_O
and AMD will go for AM2+ :p

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Why don't you rename this thread to "Intel vs AMD flame war! We need your input!!!"?

Yeah, this has all the kindling, wood, gasoline, and match to make a terrific bon-fire.
:oops: ....heh,....I just wanted to lit a cigarette and come to see a lot of people with torches and gasoline barrels,... :roll:

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Why don't you rename this thread to "Intel vs AMD flame war! We need your input!!!"?

Yeah, this has all the kindling, wood, gasoline, and match to make a terrific bon-fire.

LETS ALL DOGPILE M25 :twisted:
:lol: ,...what about cooking me with vegetables; it's healthier.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

:lol: ,...what about cooking me with vegetables; it's healthier.You are a vegetable. :eek: j/k :wink: :D

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006

That's a lot to ask. How is anyone supposed to know? I actually hope they finish within 5% of each other so people can have a war about something other than my PC.
Heh, good luck with that. I've actually seen flame threads in which Sony Ericsson and Nokia fanboys duke it out.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

:lol: ,...what about cooking me with vegetables; it's healthier.You are a vegetable. :eek: j/k :wink: :D
I don't feel to start a new thread for this but; what kind of vegetable you think I am?! :lol:

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006

I don't feel to start a new thread for this but; what kind of vegetable you think I am?! :lol:

a rotten one :lol:

j/k

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Heh, call it what you want guys, but up to now there's been no flaming and a good 42 voters; most of them are for the LGA775 and I'm having some fish for dinner (vegetables' soup tomorrow maybe :wink: )

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

I aggree with Baron. How is anyone supposed to know? The story is far from finished, there are chapters yet to be writ.

And, who cares? Fanboys maybe. As long as both keep moving forward, and follow on sytems improve, its all good.

To be honest, threads only end up as flame fests if the posters in said thread act like children and decide to make CPU's/GPU/whatever the hell the subject maybe a matter of life and death (see MadModMike and Shakirou). Any subject can be flame bait, its just how its handled.

Ranman68k

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
To be honest, threads only end up as flame fests if the posters in said thread act like children and decide to make CPU's/GPU/whatever the hell the subject maybe a matter of life and death (see MadModMike and Shakirou). Any subject can be flame bait, its just how its handled.
Agreed...

And it gets out of hand when members start using abusive and vulgar language (such as name calling) -- this includes veteren members who should know better.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
we should do like ancient times.......create some kind of olimpic games but for AMD fans and Intel fans....and then sit back and see how they kill each other to the ground , while we (the none fanatic kind) enjoy the show and get splattered by the green and blue blood....WUAJAJAJA :twisted:

Gladiator --- Battle of Carthage. It would be better than celebrity death match.

Thats just down right sacreligious. Nothing could equal CDM :wink: