SATA DVD Drvies....Noob Question

bpatters55

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
If you are going with one of the new Dual Core mobos that supports SATA why would you not buy an SATA DVD drive. Pricing between IDE and SATA seems to be about the same.

Thanks

rquinn19

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Prices just recently came down so thats why many people dont have them yet. When i built my rig the only sata dvd burner was $80 and it was never in stock either

RJ

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
If you are going with one of the new Dual Core mobos that supports SATA why would you not buy an SATA DVD drive. Pricing between IDE and SATA seems to be about the same.

Thanks
You'd want to make sure the drivers for the controller are available if you were to try and install an OS with the SATA drive. Otherwise you're stuck. Good to have a spare IDE drive around, just in case.

bpatters55

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007

Thanks
You'd want to make sure the drivers for the controller are available if you were to try and install an OS with the SATA drive. Otherwise you're stuck. Good to have a spare IDE drive around, just in case.

I plan on using Windwos XP Home and then upgrading to Windows XP Pro. I don't have a full XP Pro version or I would just install XP Pro from the get-go. I do happen to have a spare IDE CD if I do get stuck in my current PC. Think I am cool. Right?

TRENDING THREADS