Now THIS is a cooler!!

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
I found a semi-review at Hexus.net. Unfortunately, they don't go so far as to benchmark it. You can see just how massive it is by this picture:

4.jpg

Looks like this cooler, when you add fans to it, would keep air going over your RAM, which is nice. I think you'd want to put this in a case with a couple top-mounted exhaust fans, though.

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Ah, here we go... some performance graphs.

Link.

EDIT: In light of more observant posters, I must note that the linked performance graph is for a previous edition of the product. Sorry for any misleading this post may have done.

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Yeah... seems disappointing considering it's got 6 heatpipes and a gigantic amount of cooling surface. Maybe the problem is the direction the hot air is blown, so in-case performance could be poor. Then again, not all heatpipes are created equal either. Oh well. I do better with my current cooler, I'll stick with it until something better comes out.

djplanet

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Yeah... seems disappointing considering it's got 6 heatpipes and a gigantic amount of cooling surface. Maybe the problem is the direction the hot air is blown, so in-case performance could be poor. Then again, not all heatpipes are created equal either. Oh well. I do better with my current cooler, I'll stick with it until something better comes out.

Actually, there isn't that much cooling surface, those fins don't extend far below the fans. Blowing air over the mobo seems like a good idea, but the lack of fins removes that advantage. Besides, case fans are supposed to circulate air in the case, not the CPU cooler. Looks to be a white elephant IMO.

BigCharb

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
i think this will work properly if it was used in an AMD FX case, like the Thermaltake Armor Xtereme Edition, the case has two side intakes with funnels that will connect right on to the 120's on the cooler. this does not mean it will work with a 4x4 set up because of the lack of room unless they were placed vertically instead of horizontally.

l8er :)

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Ah, here we go... some performance graphs.

Link.

Very satisfying to know my SI-128 does a close second on that chart, right behind the titan amanda... which needs twice the amount of fans to get .5 degrees better cooling than the 128.

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Looks cool.
But does anyone know if liquid cooling will provide any significant temperature drops over good air-cooling?

Yes, my M/B is 13C, my CPU is 15C right now. CPU runs 2 GHz stock speed, not anymore.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Looks cool.
But does anyone know if liquid cooling will provide any significant temperature drops over good air-cooling?

Yes, my M/B is 13C, my CPU is 15C right now. CPU runs 2 GHz stock speed, not anymore.

Impressive. What liquid-cool kit do you have?