File Association Problem

February 22, 2005 11:15:01 AM

I'm running XP Pro. My son was at some game site, downloaded something, and
now all of my associations for .jpg, /jpeg, ,bmp, .tif, and .tiff files
(plus probably others I haven't checked!) are all pointing to Paint Shop
Pro!

What they all be pointing at? How do I get XP to open these files properly?

Thanks!

Ross
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:54:35 PM

Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
> I'm running XP Pro. My son was at some game site, downloaded
> something, and now all of my associations for .jpg, /jpeg, ,bmp,
> .tif, and .tiff files (plus probably others I haven't checked!) are
> all pointing to Paint Shop Pro!

I doubt your son found Paint Shop Pro at a game site, but whatever.

> What they all be pointing at? How do I get XP to open these files
> properly?

If by "properly" you mean the default picture- and fax viewer you may wish
to take a look at http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:54:36 PM

I think through the magic of little fingers, he found my copy of PSP
actually. They have nothing for .GIF, it appears.......

Otherwise....it appears to work. Thanks!

> > I'm running XP Pro. My son was at some game site, downloaded
> > something, and now all of my associations for .jpg, /jpeg, ,bmp,
> > .tif, and .tiff files (plus probably others I haven't checked!) are
> > all pointing to Paint Shop Pro!
>
> I doubt your son found Paint Shop Pro at a game site, but whatever.
>
> > What they all be pointing at? How do I get XP to open these files
> > properly?
>
> If by "properly" you mean the default picture- and fax viewer you may wish
> to take a look at http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

February 23, 2005 3:30:43 PM

Anyone know how to get .GIF's to work? Have a .REG file?

Thanks!

Ross
"Ross M. Greenberg" <greenber@catskill.net> wrote in message

> I think through the magic of little fingers, he found my copy of PSP
> actually. They have nothing for .GIF, it appears.......
>
> Otherwise....it appears to work. Thanks!
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 5:38:37 PM

Hi Ross, how are you?

You might try IrfanView for the .GIF, it's free and a pretty good viewer:
http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

> Anyone know how to get .GIF's to work? Have a .REG file?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ross
> "Ross M. Greenberg" <greenber@catskill.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I think through the magic of little fingers, he found my copy of PSP
>> actually. They have nothing for .GIF, it appears.......
>>
>> Otherwise....it appears to work. Thanks!

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 7:38:29 AM

(Michael and I do back a Millenium! Maybe two.)

Michael! How are ya? Havn't heard from you in years!

Just installed and tried IrfanView. Perfect! Many Thanks!

Ross

> Hi Ross, how are you?
>
> You might try IrfanView for the .GIF, it's free and a pretty good viewer:
> http://www.irfanview.com/
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Ross M. Greenberg" <greenber@catskill.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone know how to get .GIF's to work? Have a .REG file?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Ross
> > "Ross M. Greenberg" <greenber@catskill.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I think through the magic of little fingers, he found my copy of PSP
> >> actually. They have nothing for .GIF, it appears.......
> >>
> >> Otherwise....it appears to work. Thanks!

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 3:29:14 PM

You're welcome, Ross, glad you liked it.

I'll send you an e-mail.

--

!