P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi Questions....

Viceras

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Hello everyone i'm currently planning my first build which I will be starting at the end of the month I'm looking at the P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi because my girlfriend uses a laptop and I thought this would be a good choice so we can both connect to the internet through the Wi-Fi.

Just a few painless questions ;)
#1 - Can the board be used the way i described above, or do i need other components to create a wireless network?

#2 - Are there any problems with this board I should be aware?

#3 - I will most likely be OCing a E4300 on this board , are there any ram issues?

Thanks for the help! :)

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Hello everyone i'm currently planning my first build which I will be starting at the end of the month I'm looking at the P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi because my girlfriend uses a laptop and I thought this would be a good choice so we can both connect to the internet through the Wi-Fi.

#1 - Can the board be used the way i described above, or do i need other components to create a wireless network?

#3 - I will most likely be OCing a E4300 on this board , are there any ram issues?

1) No it can't. You will need a wireless router. With this motherboard P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi which has a wireless card in it which will let your connect to the router without a ethernet cable. Your gf's laptop will have to have a built in wireless card or if it doesnt have one you will have to buy something like this or this.

2) I had this motherboard couple of months ago and has not given me any problems.

3) I would stick with Corsair, Patriot, G.Skill ram memory.

Nossy

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2005
To my understanding the Wi-fi can act as AP or wireless client mode.

ASUS WiFi-AP Solo™
Why buy wireless AP off the store when you can have it on board?
WiFi-AP Solo™ allows a new level of versatility for your PC, enabling it to create a complete wireless home network in either AP or wireless client mode. Users will be able to play LAN games, connect to the Internet, access and share printers, and use Skype from anywhere within range. WiFi-AP Solo™ can provide these functions even when the PC is in sleep mode, so users can use Skype as a true replacement for tradition long distance telephone service. WiFi-AP Solo™ is an on-board feature, which means that user will save the extra WiFi AP cost

RJ

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004

You want DDR2-800 ram minimum. You probably want to read the link in my SIG for the peculiarities the 965 chipset has with regard to northbridge FSB and messing with the CPU multiplier. It's pretty cool that my 8x450 setting outperforms my 9x400 setting, when on the surface they both appear to be 3.6 ghz.

Viceras

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Thanks for the info tacos i'll definately get the 667 ram is corsairs twinx2 pc5400c4 any good? Also the DS3 is out of stock here in Sweden atm so im thinking about the QuadGT anyone had experiences with this board?

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it ;)