raistlin1981

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Hello I hope someone has used this or is thinking about using this. I have a RVL200 and everything except the SSL VPN activex software. I can connect to my home network and access the computers on them but I cannot access anything via name but I can access via IP. I've tried a couple of things per Linksys tech support AKA install NWLINK NETBIOS and disable all security settings. The router is default except for admin PW, 1 QOS setting and adding user accounts for VPN access. I've tried to add a static rout for the router also but have had no luck. Thanks in advance, I'm sure some of you will have good ideas for me.

raistlin1981

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
I can specify DNS IP's but on my network at home I've never had a reason to have one since everything is local and works from I'm assuming NETBIOS. Maybe it just doesn't work with the RVL200, I thought about creating a host or LMHOST file but since I will be accessing this from who knows where it would just be a pain to carry around the file when I can just look at the router. I think that I give up, I've tried everything I can think of, and even broke the config a couple of times. Linksys support was useless or I'll just deal with how it is and quit whining.

linksysinfo

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
well hopefully i should have a alpha/beta firmware within the next few weeks.

once beta i can make it avaible for download.

linksysinfo

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
I just heard from linksys that 1.0.16 is just arrived and is "pre-alpha" this will have to go through testing before it is passed for beta, then hopefully i can pass it to you guys on my site. the changelog so far is like so:

RVL200 Firmware v1.0.16 Release Note

New Features:
1. Port Mirroring
2. SNMP v3
3. IP&MAC Binding, Help updated for MAC Filter
4. Compliant with UPnP IGD Certification
5. One-to-One NAT
6. IPSec: NetBIOS Broadcast
7. IPSec: Remote Security Group Type supports IP Range
8. IPSec: Keying Mode supports Manual
9. SSH Sentinel Client supported in NAT-T scenario
10. Virtual Passage Client supports Windows 2003 server.
Besides PAP, RADIUS Support CHAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPV2 authentication.
11. Time Zone description and index modified
12. Add Access Rule Policy Name
13. Add 24-hr in scheduling
14. SNMP Trap: LAN port Link-up/Link-down detection for EZConfig
15. Add Manual Daylight Saving
16. Add configurable options (similar to RV042) to the Syslog configuration.
17. Allow http/https to be enabled/disabled.
18. PPTP Passthrouh supports multiple sessions.
19. IPSec Passthrough supports multiple sessions.
20. IPSec VPN supports IPcompress.
21. IPSec: Phase2 Encryption & Authentication support Null

Issues Fixed:
1. Fixed the PPPoE issue where connection will fail to establish when the PPPoE username contains a # sign.
2. Fixed the issue where the firewall status (SPI/DoS/BlockWANRequest/RemoteManagement) is not shown correctly in the System Summary page when the firewall is disabled.
3. The IP range of Virtual Passage was changed to 6, instead of 10.
4. Removed the reference to Priority in the Help page of Port Management->Port Setup, since the setting is supposed to be configured on the Qos page.
5. Fixed the issue where the packet will appear coming from the router's LAN IP, when a packet is forwarded to the DMZ Host in the LAN of RVL200.

linksysinfo

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Your prayer have been answer now.

2. Virtual Passage supports Windows Workgroups (NetBIOS).

New firmware is Beta

RVL200 Firmware v1.1.0 Release Note

11/29/2006
New Features:

1. Virtual Passage supports Mac OS 10.4 and Windows Mozilla (Firefox) 2.0.
2. Virtual Passage supports Windows Workgroups (NetBIOS).
3. Virtual Passage client can now run on Windows 2003 Server.
4. RADIUS client now supports CHAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPV2 in addition to PAP for user authentication.
5. DHCP Server supports multiple subnets that correspond to multiple VLANs. Inter-VLAN routing is supported for the VLANs that are on different subnets.
6. DHCP Server supports static IP and MAC address binding.
7. Help page updated to show how to use the MAC Address Filtering feature
8. Support One-to-One NAT.
9. Port Mirroring. Admin can specify one of the LAN ports as the target port, and select one or more ports to be mirrored. This feature can be configured on the System Management->Port Mirroring page.
10. Compliant with the UPnP IGD Certification.
11. Support more configurable options for logging in the Log->System Log page.
12. Tagged events with severity level. Logged events can be viewed/filtered according to the selected severity level.
13. Added Outgoing Log Table and Incoming Log Table into the System Log page.
14. Support SNMPv3
15. Support SNMP Traps for LAN port Link-up and Link-down detection.
16. IPSec: NetBIOS Broadcast
17. IPSec: Remote Security Group Type supports IP Range
18. IPSec: Keying Mode supports Manual Mode
19. IPSec: Gateway-to-gateway tunnel supports IP payload compression.
20. IPSec: Phase2 Encryption & Authentication supports Null
21. IPSec Passthrough supports multiple sessions
22. PPTP Passthrouh supports multiple sessions
23. The SSH Sentinel VPN Client can establish an IPSec tunnel with RVL200 with the NAT Traversal enabled.
24. Access Rules and Content Filters support 24-hour format for scheduling.
25. Support Manual Daylight Saving, where the start and end dates can be manually specified.

Issues Fixed:

1. Fixed the PPPoE issue where connection will fail to establish when the PPPoE username contains a # sign.
2. Fixed the issue where the firewall status (SPI/DoS/BlockWANRequest/RemoteManagement) is not shown correctly in the System Summary page when the firewall is disabled.
3. The IP Range of Virtual Passage was changed to 6, instead of 10.
4. Removed the reference to Priority in the Help page of Port Management->Port Setup, since the setting is supposed to be configured on the Qos page.
5. Fixed the issue where the packet will appear coming from the router's LAN IP, when a packet is forwarded to the DMZ Host in the LAN of RVL200.

6. Fixed an issue with PPTP Passthrough.
7. Renamed "IGMP Proxy" as "Multicast Passthrough" on the Firewall->General page.
8. Added Policy Name to the Access Rule configuration page.
9. Time Zone description and index were modified.

**In case users failed to upgrade the firmware via Web UI and the DIAG LED is blinking, users can use a TFTP utility (RVL200_1.0.13.exe available on linksys.com) to recover the device and then use the Web UI to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.

Available for download at the usual place:) linksysinfo

ERYK

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
Hello, does anyone could tell me when the official version of 1.1 firmware will be released?
Does anyone is using this beta? Any problems?
I'm using 1,0,14 at the moment and I'm annoyed with the issue where the packet appears like coming from the router's LAN IP, when a packet is forwarded, in my Linux server logs everyting seems to have souce address 192.168.1.1 is this really working fine now?
Thanks for any help.

EDIT:
I've tried this one but forwarding seems not to be working fine.
The source addres is fine but the router isn't hosting my web site from inside on the port 80, all i see after typig my www name is my routers interface. :(

gerhardkreuzer

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2008

Virtual Passage supports Windows Workgroups (NetBIOS).[/

Thats really great, but does it really work???????

Thanks for any comment

gerhard

TRENDING THREADS