Linksys WRT54GC problems?

Dagf

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Hello everyone, let me explain whats happening

I bought this router model WRT54GC, configured it then started using it in my current pc as wireless conection.
I conected 2 pc to it, One using ethernet cable, and my pc as i said before wireless...

It was working great, i could has torrents, many sites opened, messenger and skype opened. But since yesterday it started disconecting me and the other pc, it happens when i try opening some sites or if i have a p2p program and try to open sites. or torrent, etc...

Both pc are using Static IP, the firmware is updated (1.02.8 if im right)

I would like to say thanks for helping me.

xeni

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Hello everyone, let me explain whats happening

I bought this router model WRT54GC, configured it then started using it in my current pc as wireless conection.
I conected 2 pc to it, One using ethernet cable, and my pc as i said before wireless...

It was working great, i could has torrents, many sites opened, messenger and skype opened. But since yesterday it started disconecting me and the other pc, it happens when i try opening some sites or if i have a p2p program and try to open sites. or torrent, etc...

Both pc are using Static IP, the firmware is updated (1.02.8 if im right)

I would like to say thanks for helping me.

I have owned linksys routers for 6 years and from personal experience they go bad here and there. So since you just bought this i would return it and get another one. I would also recommend the WRT54G and not this one. The 54G is larger but betters.