OCZ
Hiper
FSP Group
Corsair
Silverstone
SeaSonic
Tagan
Zalman

More watts = more power. More power = the ability to use more powerful, power hungry components.

I tend to avoid A Open like its the plague. I had a machine built buy an AOpen rep. It had 2 faulty Mobos, a faulty HDD and it finally crashed 2 summers ago due to a power supply going bad and frying the whole thing. I would go with anything apt listed. Personally I would also get a PSU with modular cabling too.

As far as benefits go, the more watts the more room for expansion in the future. It also tends to ensure that any overclocking you do will have enough power to run stably.

Their primary power supply OEM seems to be Fortron/FSP so those models should fare well, however there are companies that have multiple OEM sources for a wide range of models / devices - in those cases a blanket statement that is positive or negative will largely be inaccurate. But don't take my word for it...

"PSU Recommendations for High End Gaming PC's"- jonnyguru@jonnyguru forums[/url]"]Recommendations are made on a model by model or product line by product line basis since many companies make such a wide range of product, it is dificult to say things like "Seasonic makes excellent PSU's" or "Coolmax sucks."

If you check the link above, the AO700 is listed as a recommended unit.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Their primary power supply OEM seems to be Fortron/FSP so those models should fare well, however there are companies that have multiple OEM sources for a wide range of models / devices - in those cases a blanket statement that is positive or negative will largely be inaccurate. But don't take my word for it...

"PSU Recommendations for High End Gaming PC's"- jonnyguru@jonnyguru forums[/url]"]Recommendations are made on a model by model or product line by product line basis since many companies make such a wide range of product, it is dificult to say things like "Seasonic makes excellent PSU's" or "Coolmax sucks."

If you check the link above, the AO700 is listed as a recommended unit.

Agreed, you can't just label a company sucky or non sucky based on whether they have done well or not in the past. Consistency counts some examples would be Coolermaster's iGreen or thermaltake's Toughpower series

lptech

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
Don't be cheap when it comes to the power supply since it will be the determining factor when it comes to whether or not your system will work properly or poorly and whether or not you'll have minor or major glitches and or whether your system will last or not.

I've seen many power supplies fail before their stated warranty period. As far as my recommendation, go with power supplies from PC Power & Cooling, Inc. They make the some of the most reliable power supplies bar none! Modular cabling is not recommended since you really can't tell overall quality and solid build.

Check out this link to find out more about what to look for in a power supply:

http://www.pcpower.com/technology/myths/

Its is always prudent to do your research before buying. Never buy anything that just looks good. Go with one that has been put together well and have a good warranty. (as you can clearly see, not all power supplies are created equal).