Platinum Edition Installation

I have been playing the original since it came out, but I have not completed
it yet. I know, I don't play it that often. My wife decided to buy me the
Platinum Edition so I could have the expansions.

My question is about installation. Do I have to uninstall what I have been
using and then install everything or will it detect what I have and only
install what I need? I would have thought the answer would have been in the
Bioware FAQ's, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Matt

Go into the saves folder and copy your saved games to a safe place then do
an uninstall and full install.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"

- Alceryes

"Another Gamer" <cafedraco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have been playing the original since it came out, but I have not
>completed
> it yet. I know, I don't play it that often. My wife decided to buy me the
> Platinum Edition so I could have the expansions.
>
> My question is about installation. Do I have to uninstall what I have been
> using and then install everything or will it detect what I have and only
> install what I need? I would have thought the answer would have been in
> the
> Bioware FAQ's, but I couldn't find it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

don't forget the localvault full of characters

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:41:20 GMT, "Another Gamer" <cafedraco@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have been playing the original since it came out, but I have not completed
>it yet. I know, I don't play it that often. My wife decided to buy me the
>Platinum Edition so I could have the expansions.
>
>My question is about installation. Do I have to uninstall what I have been
>using and then install everything or will it detect what I have and only
>install what I need? I would have thought the answer would have been in the
>Bioware FAQ's, but I couldn't find it.

I have just recently installed the platinum edition and I would say the safest
way would be uninstall and then install platinum. It asks for all 3 CD keys at
the start and at no point did it seem like it was installing 3 different
products.

Thanks Memnoch, Alceryes and Visceral_Syn. Looks like I have some
uninstalling to do.

Cheers,
Matt