BT Voyaer 205 & Vista Need HELLLP

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Hi

I recently got my self a Windows Vista OEM , i installed it and it was fine,

eccept now i cant get onto the internet.

Now on the BT site it says they dont have BT 2-5 Voyager Drivers for Vista. And iv tired installng the modem but it never installs, everytime the computer starts up the bt instalation comes up saying "reboot to compleate instalation" but it never happens.

Now iv tried using my wireless BT Voyager 1500 to connect via ethernet but it seems dnt have ethernet drivers for the motherboard (i checked in divice manager).

My Motherboard is the ASUS M2N-VM-DH and iv tried there site but the Vista network drivers dont have an instalation file in them.
can anybody help me with this problem.

thanks

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
i have attached the wireless antenna the motherboard comes with, now it picks up wireless internets but i cant access my own one even when i put in the correct key
however i would still like to keep the omputer connected to the internet via wire for seurity resons

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
also, when i do install the xp drivers from disk, it does install them and a box saying new hardwear found comes up, but once the instalation is finnished it says the process was unseccessful and that the hardwear was disconnecteed?

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Hardwear ID {1a3e09be-1e45-494b-9174-d7385b45bbf5}\NVNET_DEV03ef

Device Name: Ethernet Network Controller

Manafacturar Name: UNKNOWN

i got this from some driver detection program,, not sure if its any use

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
SORRY ABOUT ALL THE POSTS LOL

ok, now i unistalled the non working driver and reinstalled, now windows does pick up the hardwear, but it says

encounterd a problem in instalation, the required lke was not found in the INF

Madwand

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
I have a similar chipset on an Asus A8N-VM CSM, running Vista RC1. The driver installation was a mess, and in the end, I'm not sure which drivers ended up working. The network drivers say Microsoft provider, which implies that a Microsoft update or initial shipment provided them. A catch here is that for update to work, you'll need a working NIC. I have several working NICs, and might have started off with another one.

I might also have run the XP driver installation at some point.

At this point, I'm taking anything that seems to work, and waiting for the official mature drivers to come out down the road from nVIDIA.