advice needed on a power supply delema

Gallou

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
hello all, im putting the finishing touches on the latest revision of my rig and ive run into a problem. im running this:

silverstone 610watt psup
aux 250watt psup
asus a8n32sli
amd fx60 stock
4x patriot 1gb pc3200
2x xfx 8800gtx
2x swiftech 650 pumps
10x usb
aerocool coolwatch panel
4x 80mm fans
4x 120mm fans

my problem is that the silverstone doesnt seem to have enough juice even after the aux power sup. ive pulled many items from the silverstone and it boots, but the psup is useless if i cant get it to run everything.

now, due to the nature of my case, and the labor involved in wireing everything, i cant use a non modular psup. out of the few ive seen that will be compatable with my wireing the only one i trust is the silverstone 750watt. problem is i dont know if it will be enough wattage.

so i need to know if theres a better alternitave to the silver 750watt.

Gallou

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
thanks for the quick response! just to clarify the aux(thermaltake) power sup should not have both pci-e6pins in one card? i was under the impression that the aux supply removed one of the 8800's from the equasion, literally a seperet circuit, not an augmentation.

Gallou

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
great! thanks for the info, i have a bit of rewireing to do, grabbed the silver 750 from xoxide so hopefully ill have the rig running by tuesday. thanks again!