Sign in with
Your question

Ie8 for windows 7 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
July 9, 2011 11:04:53 AM

Can anyone help me remove IE9 and reinstall IE8 on my 64bit windows 7?
Reasons; My printer stopped working and No Spell checker.
THX
Rob

More about : ie8 windows bit

July 9, 2011 11:28:53 AM

Quote:
Open up your Control Panel from the start menu and click on "Uninstall A Program", in the bottom left corner. On the left side of the window, click on "View Installed Updates". When it gets done loading, simply click on "Windows Internet Explorer 9"(or something like that that's obviously IE 9), and click "Uninstall". Once it's gone, remember to restart(there will be a prompt saying this also). When your computer restarts, open up Internet Explorer, and voila! It'll be back to IE 8, and all your favorites and such should be there
-answers.yahoo.com
m
l
July 9, 2011 11:52:38 AM

THX very much for the quick response.
I Went to the "View Updtaes, but IE9 was not there.
Searched file location, and it would not allow me to delete.
I'm lost.
m
l
Related resources
July 9, 2011 12:59:41 PM

Sorry that seems to be for XP I'll correct for win7
go to "Control Panel"
open "Programs and Features"
look for program named "IE 9" or "Internet Explorer 9" Something like that on the list
then highlight it
on the top bar click "Uninstall"
and restart it should default back to IE 8
m
l
November 4, 2012 1:19:13 PM

mike91 said:
Quote:
Open up your Control Panel from the start menu and click on "Uninstall A Program", in the bottom left corner. On the left side of the window, click on "View Installed Updates". When it gets done loading, simply click on "Windows Internet Explorer 9"(or something like that that's obviously IE 9), and click "Uninstall". Once it's gone, remember to restart(there will be a prompt saying this also). When your computer restarts, open up Internet Explorer, and voila! It'll be back to IE 8, and all your favorites and such should be there
-answers.yahoo.com

Failed to work and get message IE has stopped working.
m
l
!