Wrongs clocks on XFX 7600 GT XXX?

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
I bought a new XFX 7600 GT XXX to replace my dead X1600 Pro.

I checked out the clock speeds, and they're listed as 650/1600 even though I've not even attempted to OC the card. At the XFX site the only card with those clocks is the 7600 GT Fatal1ty with the massive heatsink/heatpipe arrangement.

Does this mean I got a Fatal1ty board just with the normal XFX 7600 GT cooler or something like that? I'm a little confused.

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
I bought a new XFX 7600 GT XXX to replace my dead X1600 Pro.

I checked out the clock speeds, and they're listed as 650/1600 even though I've not even attempted to OC the card. At the XFX site the only card with those clocks is the 7600 GT Fatal1ty with the massive heatsink/heatpipe arrangement.

Does this mean I got a Fatal1ty board just with the normal XFX 7600 GT cooler or something like that? I'm a little confused.

I don't know for sure but I would think if it was a Fatal1ty board it would say it on there somewhere. You probably just got lucky and got a OC clocked board. If the card is brand new then you got lucky probably, IF the card is used, someone might have adjusted the bios and clocked it that high and left it. BUT I highly doubt that. You probably just got a OC board. Nice clocks for that card also. Also, check the temperatures in the software within windows and assure its not to hot. :)