big temperature problem HELP!

brokenshoelaces

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
hey guys i just built a new gaming system last night with hopes of overclocking it but ran into some huge temperature problems. here what i have.

cd2 e6300
gigabyte ga-965p-ds3
tuniq tower 120
artic silver 5
2 GB patriot DDR2 667 PDC22G5300LLK
antec p180 case
wd 74 gb raptor
creative fatality x-fi extreme gamer sound card
ati x1950 pro 256

i get everything up and running flash the bios to f10 check my temps in core temp and idle is 55-60 at stock speed with the tuniq fan set at the highest speed!! to i take it back apart clean the cpu and tuniq check to make sure both are even on the surfaces put them back in reapply the artic silver 5, temps are still the same, i take it off one more time clean and make sure they are seated properly and reaply the as5 and temps are still 55-60 at idle. i know these are ridiculously high temps for idle for the tuniq combined with this case and as5. i have no idea what is making my temps skyrocket. on top of that the memory is only running in single channel, im not sure if i would have to raise the voltage to get it to run dual channel. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

brokenshoelaces

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
well i figured out the answer to my own problem and it was not what i was expecting at all. i took off my Tuniq and cpu and cleaned them off one more and after inspecting my e6300 more i noticed on the top it reads

INTEL CONFIDENTIAL
QLMM ES MALAY
L610A731

after searching the reviews on pricewatch.com for the company i bought this from, stalliontek.com , i found that many customers reported ordering what they thought was OEM CD2's and were recieving ES or engineering sample models. many have tried to get refunds and contact the company to no prevail. i knew $150 for a E6300 was too good of a deal to pass up. so i go to microcenter buy a retail E6300 pop it in with my tuniq my idle is at 34C now. problem solved, except for getting a refund. i have left negative feedback on pricewatch and many other review sites for stalliontek.com and informed my friends brother that is a QA guy for intel to report them for selling prototype samples as OEM chips. hopefully no one else has to go through what i did and this company will get shut down. DON'T SHOP AT STALLIONTEK.COM.

RJ

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
well i figured out the answer to my own problem and it was not what i was expecting at all. i took off my Tuniq and cpu and cleaned them off one more and after inspecting my e6300 more i noticed on the top it reads

INTEL CONFIDENTIAL
QLMM ES MALAY
L610A731

after searching the reviews on pricewatch.com for the company i bought this from, stalliontek.com , i found that many customers reported ordering what they thought was OEM CD2's and were recieving ES or engineering sample models. many have tried to get refunds and contact the company to no prevail. i knew $150 for a E6300 was too good of a deal to pass up. so i go to microcenter buy a retail E6300 pop it in with my tuniq my idle is at 34C now. problem solved, except for getting a refund. i have left negative feedback on pricewatch and many other review sites for stalliontek.com and informed my friends brother that is a QA guy for intel to report them for selling prototype samples as OEM chips. hopefully no one else has to go through what i did and this company will get shut down. DON'T SHOP AT STALLIONTEK.COM.
I read somewhere here that INTEL actually appreciates customers who come across engineering samples sold as retail. I'd contact Intel. you may end up getting something much better than the E6300 you bought. :D