Sign in with
Your question

New psu but the computer still doesnt work for some reason

Last response: in Components
February 4, 2007 6:06:46 PM

I have a problem.

About a month ago my computer broke, nothing happend when i pressed the powerbutton. I suspected that it was either a problem with my psu or my motherboard.

I borrowed a psu from a friend and now the computer starts but i cant see what happens because my monitor gets no signal for some reason.

I have reconnected the system panel connectors so i am not sure they are correct. Also right now i have 1 HDD without OS on a IDE cable as master and i have a CDROM on another IDE cable as slave if that is relevant.

My specs are:
Chieftec DX-01SL-D Dragon Super MidiTower Silver
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe i875P 4DDR-DIMM 6PCI SATA Audio GB-LAN Raid Socket478 ATX
Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.66GHz 512Kb 533MHz
2x Corsair CMX512-3200LL XMS3200 Low Latency 512Mb DDR PC3200 CAS2 400MHz
Saphire Radeon x1600 Pro 512Mb AGP
PSU 400W (18A on +12v) (i know its alittle low amps but it starts and the psu is not the problem right now and i will buy a good one if i just can get my computer to start up correctly)
February 5, 2007 5:59:24 AM

Quote:
Chances are when the old PSU died it damaged the motherboard. Affraid your system is dead. You may have to replace the motherboard but there is no garenty that the RAM and CPU are OK.

And how about the graphics card? Is it possible it is damaged? If so, do you know if my manufacturer warenty (24 months, about 17 months left) would cover that?
February 5, 2007 6:47:06 AM

The computer doesnt act normal in the boot-up, even thou i cant see anything i can hear that its not booting normally and also the "loading-light" is going crazy so i think i have to give up on this.

I would like to sell my parts but now i dont know which of them work :( 
!