Briefcase Missing from New Menu

February 23, 2005 2:42:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

How can I add the Briefcase feature to XP? It's not on my New menu
and not available when I right-click. I went into Control Panel to
"ADD or Remove Programs" and selected "Add/Remove Windows Components"
and looked under Accessories where I though it'd be, and it wasn't
listed there. Does anyone know how to add the Briefcase option?
Thanks!
***************** Cameron Hughes *****************
************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
*********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************
**************** Carpe diem, baby ****************

More about : briefcase missing menu

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:42:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Which version of XP are you using? Pro or Home?

"Cameron Hughes" <cah2011@med.cornell.edu> wrote in message
> How can I add the Briefcase feature to XP? It's not on my New menu
> and not available when I right-click. I went into Control Panel to
> "ADD or Remove Programs" and selected "Add/Remove Windows Components"
> and looked under Accessories where I though it'd be, and it wasn't
> listed there. Does anyone know how to add the Briefcase option?
> Thanks!
> ***************** Cameron Hughes *****************
> ************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
> *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************
> **************** Carpe diem, baby ****************
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:05:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Pro

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:03:24 -0700, "Colin Barnhorst"
<colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote:

>Which version of XP are you using? Pro or Home?

***************** Cameron Hughes *****************
************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
*********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************
**************** Carpe diem, baby ****************
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 1:55:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Type this command in Start/Run:

rundll32 syncui.dll,Briefcase_Create

Creates Briefcase folder in the Desktop.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Cameron Hughes" <cah2011@med.cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:D udp11lnkb8ek8jdtuaoumeuk8hh4ach01@4ax.com...
> Pro
>
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:03:24 -0700, "Colin Barnhorst"
> <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Which version of XP are you using? Pro or Home?
>
> ***************** Cameron Hughes *****************
> ************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
> *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************
> **************** Carpe diem, baby ****************
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 1:55:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

That worked. I'm still curious why I don't have it as a "New" option.
Any way to add it back in?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:55:37 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
<ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

>Type this command in Start/Run:
>
>rundll32 syncui.dll,Briefcase_Create
>
>Creates Briefcase folder in the Desktop.

***************** Cameron Hughes *****************
************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
*********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************
**************** Carpe diem, baby ****************
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:23:55 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

From another Windows XP system, export this key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bfc\ShellNew

Apply the REG to your computer.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> That worked. I'm still curious why I don't have it as a "New" option.
> Any way to add it back in?
>

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:55:37 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
> <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Type this command in Start/Run:
>>
>>rundll32 syncui.dll,Briefcase_Create
>>
>>Creates Briefcase folder in the Desktop.
>
> ***************** Cameron Hughes *****************
> ************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
> *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************
> **************** Carpe diem, baby ****************
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:26:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP and Windows
Server 2003:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> From another Windows XP system, export this key:
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bfc\ShellNew
>
> Apply the REG to your computer.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Cameron Hughes" <cah2011@med.cornell.edu> wrote in message
>> That worked. I'm still curious why I don't have it as a "New" option.
>> Any way to add it back in?
>>

>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:55:37 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
>> <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Type this command in Start/Run:
>>>
>>>rundll32 syncui.dll,Briefcase_Create
>>>
>>>Creates Briefcase folder in the Desktop.
>>
>> ***************** Cameron Hughes *****************
>> ************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
>> *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************
>> **************** Carpe diem, baby ****************

March 7, 2005 4:03:20 PM

"ramesh13" wrote:
> How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP
> and Windows
> Server 2003:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> > From another Windows XP system, export this key:
> >
> > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.bfcShellNew
> >
> > Apply the REG to your computer.
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >

> > "Cameron Hughes" <cah2011@med.cornell.edu> wrote in
> message
>  >> That worked. I'm still curious why I don't have it
> as a "New" option.
>  >> Any way to add it back in?
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:55:37 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
>  >> <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
>  >>
>   >>>Type this command in Start/Run:
>   >>>
>   >>>rundll32 syncui.dll,Briefcase_Create
>   >>>
>   >>>Creates Briefcase folder in the Desktop.
>  >>
>  >> ************ cah2011@med.cornell.edu *************
>  >> *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************

Just wondering how and why my XP did not get briefcase installed
properly?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Briefcase-Missing-M...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=868530
!