Reinstallation Annoyance

KAOS

I normally mock people for this... but I lost my CD key and can't
reinstall NWN. I had one of the stupid versions, where there was a
seperate piece of paper (purple IIRC) that had a key because the one
in the manual didn't work.

I lost that paper. And the Bioware site has the key registered but
hidden for NWN, because I registered it before they started storing
them. My keys for the expansions show up, so installing them again
won't be a problem... if I can get the main game up.

No, I'm not asking for cracks or spare keys or anything. I'm just
ranting to ease the aggravation of not being able to play right now,
and hoping I can get a replacement through official channels.

But on that note: has anyone had experience with Atari and key
replacements?

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

Kaos wrote:
> But on that note: has anyone had experience with Atari and key
> replacements?

No personal experience, but from what I've read, they aren't that good
about providing replacement keys. If your old installation wasn't
completely wiped out, you might find your keys in nwncdkey.ini in the
installation directory. You can also get a box copy of NWN from eBay for
less than $5 (plus S&H).
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> skrev i meddelelsen

> But on that note: has anyone had experience with Atari and key
> replacements?

The key should be on a label inside the DVD-box, behind the CD itself.
My version of vanilla NWN had a label that was written on an 8-pin
matrixprinter, and it was impossible to dechifer it correctly. 2 hours
after presenting the problem to the support I had a working key (and I
wrote it down!). So go ahead and ask them.

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 03:29:38 -0700, Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

>I normally mock people for this... but I lost my CD key and can't
>reinstall NWN. I had one of the stupid versions, where there was a
>seperate piece of paper (purple IIRC) that had a key because the one
>in the manual didn't work.
>
>I lost that paper. And the Bioware site has the key registered but
>hidden for NWN, because I registered it before they started storing
>them. My keys for the expansions show up, so installing them again
>won't be a problem... if I can get the main game up.
>
>No, I'm not asking for cracks or spare keys or anything. I'm just
>ranting to ease the aggravation of not being able to play right now,
>and hoping I can get a replacement through official channels.
>
>But on that note: has anyone had experience with Atari and key
>replacements?

Isn't the key in a file in the NWN directory? Or don't you even
have the directory around?

KAOS

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:46:13 -0800, Loren Pechtel
<lorenpechtel@removethis.hotmail.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 03:29:38 -0700, Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
>
>>I normally mock people for this... but I lost my CD key and can't
>>reinstall NWN. I had one of the stupid versions, where there was a
>>seperate piece of paper (purple IIRC) that had a key because the one
>>in the manual didn't work.
>>
>>I lost that paper. And the Bioware site has the key registered but
>>hidden for NWN, because I registered it before they started storing
>>them. My keys for the expansions show up, so installing them again
>>won't be a problem... if I can get the main game up.
>>
>>No, I'm not asking for cracks or spare keys or anything. I'm just
>>ranting to ease the aggravation of not being able to play right now,
>>and hoping I can get a replacement through official channels.
>>
>>But on that note: has anyone had experience with Atari and key
>>replacements?
>
> Isn't the key in a file in the NWN directory? Or don't you even
>have the directory around?

I did a complete reformat of the hard drive. It's all gone.

--

Loren Pechtel <lorenpechtel@removethis.hotmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen

> Isn't the key in a file in the NWN directory? Or don't you even
> have the directory around?

Real men don't backup - but they cry a lot... ;-)

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm

Mike

Splendid

Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in news:qgu6v09f4lv1rt22ldjd6jgferppi64f69@
4ax.com:

> I normally mock people for this... but I lost my CD key and can't
> reinstall NWN. I had one of the stupid versions, where there was a
> seperate piece of paper (purple IIRC) that had a key because the one
> in the manual didn't work.
>
> I lost that paper. And the Bioware site has the key registered but
> hidden for NWN, because I registered it before they started storing
> them. My keys for the expansions show up, so installing them again
> won't be a problem... if I can get the main game up.
>
> No, I'm not asking for cracks or spare keys or anything. I'm just
> ranting to ease the aggravation of not being able to play right now,
> and hoping I can get a replacement through official channels.
>
> But on that note: has anyone had experience with Atari and key
> replacements?

This is no help to you now, but I've had to upgrade to new PCs so many
times at home and at work, often having to reinstall shareware or other d/l
s/w (no physical docs), that I started a text file with my install keys. (I
have some d/l s/w that has both a registration key and another piece of
data, often you need that extra data to re-download the software).

ooo you organised person you!

Best wishes
Maxon