Bios Spontaneously Re-setting

seinat

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Hey all,

I recently built a new system with an EVGA 122-NF680i, a C2D 6600, 2 gigs of Corsair DDR2 6400, and a BFG 7600GT. Today, for the second time, I booted up and all of the bios settings were haywire. They did not reset to the defaults, but simply had seemingly random settings. I loaded the default settings and all works fine again. Any ideas what's going on here. It's obviously a real pain. BTW, I'm not overclocking, although I plan to do some in the future.

Thanks for the help.

seinat

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
That's definitely a thought, but I should have specified that my system has been running since Mid-November. In other words, it runs fine for a month or two, and then out of nowhere, the bios changes to seemingly random settings. For example, one of my two cpu cores is disabled, the floppy drive is no longer found etc. Never heard of this before. I'm wondering if there might be a problem with Nvidia's software that allows you to change bios settings from within Windows--although I never use it.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
That's definitely a thought, but I should have specified that my system has been running since Mid-November. In other words, it runs fine for a month or two, and then out of nowhere, the bios changes to seemingly random settings. For example, one of my two cpu cores is disabled, the floppy drive is no longer found etc. Never heard of this before. I'm wondering if there might be a problem with Nvidia's software that allows you to change bios settings from within Windows--although I never use it.

maybe you should RMA the motherboard, could be a flash memory (and non volatile memory) of the mobo damaged.
or, the battery went poof :O