defrag not working

Get to disk defrag page and nothing happens. Used this before and it worked
perfectly. What could be the problem??

What happens when you use the Analyze function?

"Nettop" <Nettop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Get to disk defrag page and nothing happens. Used this before and it
> worked
> perfectly. What could be the problem??

None of the buttons have names on them...only the outline of the button. It
seems that the page only partially downloads.
Just so you know, although not a new user, I am not all that technical.
Thanks.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> What happens when you use the Analyze function?

> "Nettop" <Nettop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Get to disk defrag page and nothing happens. Used this before and it
> > worked
> > perfectly. What could be the problem??

Go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Defrag C: When its thru type:EXIT
You might/should also install xp cd,exit the info page,open cmd,then type:
Sfc /Scannow When its thru,type:CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,exit cmd,
then restart computer.

"Nettop" wrote:

> Get to disk defrag page and nothing happens. Used this before and it worked
> perfectly. What could be the problem??

To repair, run START>RUN>and type: sfc /scannow. (don't forget the space
before /)
sfc = system file checker and repairs system files.

> None of the buttons have names on them...only the outline of the button.
> It
> seems that the page only partially downloads.
> Just so you know, although not a new user, I am not all that technical.
> Thanks.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> What happens when you use the Analyze function?
>>
>> --
>> "Nettop" <Nettop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Get to disk defrag page and nothing happens. Used this before and it
>> > worked
>> > perfectly. What could be the problem??

Thanks Colin. That worked. Did you see what Andrew E. wrote. 'install xp
cd'. What's that? Is it downloadable?
Again, thanks.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> To repair, run START>RUN>and type: sfc /scannow. (don't forget the space
> before /)
> sfc = system file checker and repairs system files.

> "Nettop" <Nettop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > None of the buttons have names on them...only the outline of the button.
> > It
> > seems that the page only partially downloads.
> > Just so you know, although not a new user, I am not all that technical.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> What happens when you use the Analyze function?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
> >> (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
> >> "Nettop" <Nettop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I think he meant that you might need your Windows cd during the file repair.
It was hard for me to read. Must be my glasses. :)

Glad you are fixed up!