new server

finn

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

Found a new server I like if anyone is looking. hihgnarley woods

It's good server. New (very new - watch for bugs), but one of the best
I've seen.

So what category is it under? and is it up a full 24/7, and is that spelled
correctly?
Highnarley woods sounds more like it, although I have no idea exactly what
that would mean.
"Finn" <tdille@telus.net> wrote in message
> Found a new server I like if anyone is looking. hihgnarley woods
>
> It's good server. New (very new - watch for bugs), but one of the best
> I've seen.

finn

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

Khazad Dhum wrote:
> So what category is it under? and is it up a full 24/7, and is that spelled
> correctly?
> Highnarley woods sounds more like it, although I have no idea exactly what
> that would mean.
> "Finn" <tdille@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>>Found a new server I like if anyone is looking. hihgnarley woods
>>
>>It's good server. New (very new - watch for bugs), but one of the best
>>I've seen.

It's in the actions category. HIH Gnarley Woods is the server name.
Module name is Gnarley Woods. The server is PK allowed with
restrictions listed in the journal (eg. don't do it to people with a
rating of easy). Has a dueling arena and a dueling pit (with immortal
hell badgers) where there is not xp or gp loss with auto rez. Better xp
awards than standard, but not excessive. Sort of portal based system.
You can port to 2 different towns, the arena, or to the party leader
(unless he is dead), or to the first town. To port back and forth right
now you need 2 people so you can change leaders. Requested some changes
for that. The level restrictions on items has been removed. You don't
need to be a certain level to them. Was informed last night that the
starting gold value is going to go up due to requests as well. The
server also uses soul-bound items that cost xp to upgrade. I understand
these are non-pickable. So those level 40 guys can still advance thru
item developement creating epic items for themselves.

There was a bug with treasure last night. Monsters who drop gold are
only ever dropping 1. supposed to be fixed right away. the dm is also
placing more treasure chests with a random chance of being trapped when
they respawn. DM says if any one joins while i am on and needs gold i
can give them 50K and he will reimburse me until the gold issue and
starting money gets resolved.

Again, very new. hardly anyone there yet. needs more traffic. I
stopped playing the other servers for this one.