My Intel PC Camera used to work....through original XP
and SP1. In SP2 it does not, and Intel abandoned its
PC Camera users a year or so ago. Anybody have a group
maybe devoted to such issues, or any volunteer in this
group?

Thanks.
--
William B. Lurie

Come on Bill. You should know by now that you MUST post specifics. Model of
camera - what driver are you using - under what programs does it not work
etc.

My Intel webcam works fine under any program that is made to utilize a
webcam. I would tell you the model number but "I" am not the one having
problems (-:

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

<billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
> My Intel PC Camera used to work....through original XP
> and SP1. In SP2 it does not, and Intel abandoned its
> PC Camera users a year or so ago. Anybody have a group
> maybe devoted to such issues, or any volunteer in this
> group?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> William B. Lurie

Twenty years of computer experience and he hasn't learned how to ask a
computer related question!

He's probably only 14 years old anyway. (o:

Richard Urban wrote:
> Come on Bill. You should know by now that you MUST post specifics. Model of
> camera - what driver are you using - under what programs does it not work
> etc.
>
> My Intel webcam works fine under any program that is made to utilize a
> webcam. I would tell you the model number but "I" am not the one having
> problems (-:

The camera is Intel's CS330.....the driver is what Intel put on the CD
they sold me, I wouldn't know its ID. The camera makes video. The
problem is that a wrong IP address is frozen into the data somewhere
and all the searching I can do, hasn't led me to where. So I have
video but can't send it out. I'm hoping that somebody who has that
camera and the Intel software, will lead me to where the numbers
are buried, and then maybe to how I can remove them.

--
William B. Lurie

If the camera works to take snaps of you in front of the computer then there
is nothing wrong with the camera. Look elsewhere for problem.

--

> Richard Urban wrote:
>> Come on Bill. You should know by now that you MUST post specifics. Model
>> of camera - what driver are you using - under what programs does it not
>> work etc.
>>
>> My Intel webcam works fine under any program that is made to utilize a
>> webcam. I would tell you the model number but "I" am not the one having
>> problems (-:
>>
> The camera is Intel's CS330.....the driver is what Intel put on the CD
> they sold me, I wouldn't know its ID. The camera makes video. The problem
> is that a wrong IP address is frozen into the data somewhere
> and all the searching I can do, hasn't led me to where. So I have
> video but can't send it out. I'm hoping that somebody who has that
> camera and the Intel software, will lead me to where the numbers
> are buried, and then maybe to how I can remove them.
>
> --
> William B. Lurie

Bill

If you are trying to send out video across Windows Messenger, SP2 may well
have given you a version that will not work with video 'out of the box'..

Try using MSN Messenger..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Mike Hall (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Bill
>
> If you are trying to send out video across Windows Messenger, SP2 may well
> have given you a version that will not work with video 'out of the box'..
>
> Try using MSN Messenger..

Richard and Mike, it's a shame that newsgroup interchange of info
is such narrow bandwidth. The camera works. Its drivers work. I
get video. But Intel has stored, buried, hidden in XP somewhere,
data or a coded file, with information about my supposed IP
address, that I have to find. Not a question of Messenger or MSN..
The question is, someplace in XP the numbers "192.168.1.1" are
stored because they appear in a window that pops onto my screen,
but every search method I know of can't seem to find them.

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:07:11 -0500, billurie@nospam.org wrote:

> The question is, someplace in XP the numbers "192.168.1.1" are
> stored because they appear in a window that pops onto my screen,
> but every search method I know of can't seem to find them.

That IP is commonly assigned to a LAN. Sometimes used by routers. What else
is on the screen that pops up? It's possible that the video transmission is
being blocked by the firewall. I don't mean to speak for Mike but think
that's why he mentions Windows Messenger vs. MSN Messenger.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I can't speak for Richard, but I really don't see what you are getting at,
or the connection between a webcam that works and a network IP address..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Sharon F wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:07:11 -0500, billurie@nospam.org wrote:
>

>>The question is, someplace in XP the numbers "192.168.1.1" are
>>stored because they appear in a window that pops onto my screen,
>>but every search method I know of can't seem to find them.
>

> That IP is commonly assigned to a LAN. Sometimes used by routers. What else
> is on the screen that pops up? It's possible that the video transmission is
> being blocked by the firewall. I don't mean to speak for Mike but think
> that's why he mentions Windows Messenger vs. MSN Messenger.

I've tried to keep the thread pointed at one fundamental problem
which is Intel's software and where something is buried in XP.
That's why I posted the question in the windowsxp.basics group.
My Windows firewall is off; my Norton firewall is off. It's not
a matter of anybody's Messenger because I am not trying to
communicate. Intel's software presents a screen which is used
to input data, preparatory to trying to establish a connection.
I can't identify the source of that screen and the only identifiable
info on the screen, which pops up filled in, is that obsolete IP
address. I've done every search I know of and can't find 192.168.1.1
which appears as data which has been inputted and shows in that screen.
I'm sorry, but what I visualize as a simple query always
seems to be misunderstood. Note that I have tried uninstalling the
Intel camera, and deleting every trace of its software that I can
find, including in Registry, and when I reinstall it, that bad
number, an old almost correct IP address, reappears.

What I've done is buy a new Creative PC camera and will be installing
it in a few days. At least Creative is still supporting their product.

--
William B. Lurie

I have stopped using Intel software as of 2 years ago. I don't need it. My
Intel webcam works fine with what is provided by Windows. Also, the Intel
software that came on the CD with my webcam IS NOT compatible with Windows
XP. I had to go to the Intel website and download a 300+ meg .zip file which
was a replacement for the complete install CD that had been originally
supplied by Intel. This was the complete Create and Share software install.
The CD update is no longer on the Intel website (as far as I can see). They
discontinued their line of webcams a couple of years ago.

But, as I have said - I don't even use it.

Now, EXACTLY what application is causing you this problem? You still haven't
told us!

--

> Sharon F wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:07:11 -0500, billurie@nospam.org wrote:
>>

>>>The question is, someplace in XP the numbers "192.168.1.1" are
>>>stored because they appear in a window that pops onto my screen,
>>>but every search method I know of can't seem to find them.
>>

>> That IP is commonly assigned to a LAN. Sometimes used by routers. What
>> else
>> is on the screen that pops up? It's possible that the video transmission
>> is
>> being blocked by the firewall. I don't mean to speak for Mike but think
>> that's why he mentions Windows Messenger vs. MSN Messenger.
> I've tried to keep the thread pointed at one fundamental problem
> which is Intel's software and where something is buried in XP.
> That's why I posted the question in the windowsxp.basics group.
> My Windows firewall is off; my Norton firewall is off. It's not
> a matter of anybody's Messenger because I am not trying to
> communicate. Intel's software presents a screen which is used
> to input data, preparatory to trying to establish a connection.
> I can't identify the source of that screen and the only identifiable
> info on the screen, which pops up filled in, is that obsolete IP
> address. I've done every search I know of and can't find 192.168.1.1
> which appears as data which has been inputted and shows in that screen.
> I'm sorry, but what I visualize as a simple query always
> seems to be misunderstood. Note that I have tried uninstalling the
> Intel camera, and deleting every trace of its software that I can
> find, including in Registry, and when I reinstall it, that bad
> number, an old almost correct IP address, reappears.
>
> What I've done is buy a new Creative PC camera and will be installing
> it in a few days. At least Creative is still supporting their product.
>

> --
> William B. Lurie

Statement: "I'm sorry, but what I visualize as a simple query always seems
to be misunderstood."

Answer: THE WAY YOU ASK A QUESTION?????

You come here with a preconceived notion as to what you problem is. YOU ARE
OBDURATE TO AN EXTREME! When others try to tell you that what you think is
not so, you always fight back

Statement: "I've done every search I know of and can't find 192.168.1.1
which appears as data which has been inputted and shows in that screen."

Answer: I just took me about one minute to find 18 references to 198.168.1.1
(which is same as 192.168.100.100) in my operating system.

Allow me to tell you that if you change any of these you likely will NOT be
posting back here any time soon!

So, go ahead and delete all the references! (-:

--

Crusty (-: Old B@stard :) wrote:
> I have stopped using Intel software as of 2 years ago. I don't need it. My
> Intel webcam works fine with what is provided by Windows. Also, the Intel
> software that came on the CD with my webcam IS NOT compatible with Windows
> XP. I had to go to the Intel website and download a 300+ meg .zip file which
> was a replacement for the complete install CD that had been originally
> supplied by Intel. This was the complete Create and Share software install.
> The CD update is no longer on the Intel website (as far as I can see). They
> discontinued their line of webcams a couple of years ago.
>
> But, as I have said - I don't even use it.
>

> Now, EXACTLY what application is causing you this problem? You still haven't
> told us!
(Only that I've been trying to do Video call with the Intel
Camera and their software and a screen pops up that has bad info,
can't be corrected, and hangs).

Richard, as usual, you've been there, done that, and almost solved
my problem. The solution was on Intel website but isn't any more,
and what they sold me as XP software does *not* work. So, friends,
I'll live with some dead garbage on my machine somewhere, and see
if I can make my new Creative camera and software work. So thanks
for looking, Sharon & Co., but I won't look further.

As for the Intel webcam working with what Windows provided......
I'm willing to try that if you'll lead me to it. And, off topic,
Richard, thanks again for the clue that solved the Drive-Image-Restore
problem.

--
William B. Lurie

Richard

Unbelievable isn't it.. one question after another, and never easy to
decipher..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Statement: "I'm sorry, but what I visualize as a simple query always seems
> to be misunderstood."
>
> Answer: THE WAY YOU ASK A QUESTION?????
>
> You come here with a preconceived notion as to what you problem is. YOU
> ARE OBDURATE TO AN EXTREME! When others try to tell you that what you
> think is not so, you always fight back
>
> Statement: "I've done every search I know of and can't find 192.168.1.1
> which appears as data which has been inputted and shows in that screen."
>
> Answer: I just took me about one minute to find 18 references to
> 198.168.1.1 (which is same as 192.168.100.100) in my operating system.
>
> Allow me to tell you that if you change any of these you likely will NOT
> be posting back here any time soon!
>
> So, go ahead and delete all the references! (-:
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> Sharon F wrote:

>>> That IP is commonly assigned to a LAN. Sometimes used by routers. What
>>> else
>>> is on the screen that pops up? It's possible that the video transmission
>>> is
>>> being blocked by the firewall. I don't mean to speak for Mike but think
>>> that's why he mentions Windows Messenger vs. MSN Messenger.
>> I've tried to keep the thread pointed at one fundamental problem
>> which is Intel's software and where something is buried in XP.
>> That's why I posted the question in the windowsxp.basics group.
>> My Windows firewall is off; my Norton firewall is off. It's not
>> a matter of anybody's Messenger because I am not trying to
>> communicate. Intel's software presents a screen which is used
>> to input data, preparatory to trying to establish a connection.
>> I can't identify the source of that screen and the only identifiable
>> info on the screen, which pops up filled in, is that obsolete IP
>> address. I've done every search I know of and can't find 192.168.1.1
>> which appears as data which has been inputted and shows in that screen.
>> I'm sorry, but what I visualize as a simple query always
>> seems to be misunderstood. Note that I have tried uninstalling the
>> Intel camera, and deleting every trace of its software that I can
>> find, including in Registry, and when I reinstall it, that bad
>> number, an old almost correct IP address, reappears.
>>
>> What I've done is buy a new Creative PC camera and will be installing
>> it in a few days. At least Creative is still supporting their product.
>>

>> --
>> William B. Lurie

Bill

It seems to me that you are attempting to use a function of the Intel
software, probably live video broadcast direct to the internet (if Creative
software is anything to go by), and that you don't have the first clue how
to set it up..

Intel has not buried anything into XP.. you will not find an Intel generated
file that contains any pointer to a LAN IP address, or anything in registry
that points to a LAN IP address, because what you are seeing is a setup
screen that is displaying information based upon your computer
configuration.. I was going to say that there is no dead garbage on your
computer, but that would be too sweeping a statement.. certainly, it would
not be the result of an Intel webcam.

I also notice in one of the threads that your firewall(s) are turned off..
why court disaster in this way?.. that is just looking for trouble..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Mike Hall (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Bill
>
> It seems to me that you are attempting to use a function of the Intel
> software, probably live video broadcast direct to the internet (if Creative
> software is anything to go by), and that you don't have the first clue how
> to set it up..
>
> Intel has not buried anything into XP.. you will not find an Intel generated
> file that contains any pointer to a LAN IP address, or anything in registry
> that points to a LAN IP address, because what you are seeing is a setup
> screen that is displaying information based upon your computer
> configuration.. I was going to say that there is no dead garbage on your
> computer, but that would be too sweeping a statement.. certainly, it would
> not be the result of an Intel webcam.
>
> I also notice in one of the threads that your firewall(s) are turned off..
> why court disaster in this way?.. that is just looking for trouble..

Mike, Richard posted the germane clue: the Intel software they sold
on the upgrade CD just does not work. If it can't work, no 'clue on
how to set it up' is going to help me. I just have to abandon the Intel
hardware since they have stopped furnishing software to make it work.

I turned the firewall off, in off-line testing, just in case it was
causing some problem.

--
William B. Lurie

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:12:46 -0500, billurie@nospam.org wrote:

> I've tried to keep the thread pointed at one fundamental problem
> which is Intel's software and where something is buried in XP.
> That's why I posted the question in the windowsxp.basics group.
> My Windows firewall is off; my Norton firewall is off. It's not
> a matter of anybody's Messenger because I am not trying to
> communicate. Intel's software presents a screen which is used
> to input data, preparatory to trying to establish a connection.
> I can't identify the source of that screen and the only identifiable
> info on the screen, which pops up filled in, is that obsolete IP
> address. I've done every search I know of and can't find 192.168.1.1
> which appears as data which has been inputted and shows in that screen.
> I'm sorry, but what I visualize as a simple query always
> seems to be misunderstood. Note that I have tried uninstalling the
> Intel camera, and deleting every trace of its software that I can
> find, including in Registry, and when I reinstall it, that bad
> number, an old almost correct IP address, reappears.
>
> What I've done is buy a new Creative PC camera and will be installing
> it in a few days. At least Creative is still supporting their product.

Bill, I realized your intention but thought that you may be following the
wrong tack on trying to dig up the mention of the IP number (that number is
also hard coded into Internet Connection Sharing.) I wasn't trying to cloud
the issue for you. I was trying to dissect it further so that you could
take the pieces and put them back together in a way that would work for
you.

Richard (COB) uses the camera successfully. I don't know if it's the same
camera or completely different but he's worked around the Intel software
issue by not using it.

I don't know about you but it sounds like there's a good chance that the
camera you have is not a lost cause. Instead it sounds like you need to
find alternatives to its software to be able to use it.

Sorry if you feel I derailed your thread a bit. That surely wasn't my
intention. You're one of the regulars in these newsgroups and was just
trying to lend a helping hand.

Best regards,
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

William,
Is your PC connected to router or part of a network? Are you using XP's,
software such as ZoneAlarm, or a router's firewall?

Here are two (2) files, and one (1)upgrade offer from Intel. Intel states
that they still have upgrade in stock on their website, that might help with
you using video feature for Intel's CS330 web cam. If you are using the CD
that originally came with the camera. It probably includes drivers for
Win9x/ME OS's, only. You will need to install the WinXP driver's. You still
might be able to use the photo software on the CD.

1. The CS330-XP.EXE file contains "Drivers only" and does NOT contain any
Intel® Create & Share® Software
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=460&DwnldID=3614

2. LIVEVID.EXE is a self-extracting archive that, once installed, will allow
users to troubleshoot problems where their Intel camera will not stream or
display live video.
LIVEVID.EXE should allow you to resolve this issue.
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=460&DwnldID=4336

3. Intel Create & Share® software Upgrade CD for $5.95
http://www.shop-intel.com/shop/product.asp?pid=SISW3086

You did not say what video conferencing software you are trying to use with
the camera. If you are trying to use the software from the Intel CD. Such as
NetMeeting, you will probably need to install the current version offered by
that product's manufacturer. Also check the software's instruction,
concerning settings for application through firewalls and maybe routers. Is
your PC connected to router or part of a network?

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

The camera is Intel's CS330.....the driver is what Intel put on the CD
they sold me, I wouldn't know its ID. The camera makes video. The
problem is that a wrong IP address is frozen into the data somewhere
and all the searching I can do, hasn't led me to where. So I have
video but can't send it out. I'm hoping that somebody who has that
camera and the Intel software, will lead me to where the numbers
are buried, and then maybe to how I can remove them.

--
William B. Lurie

Thanks, RR...I'll answer your questions to be polite, but I'm not
going further with the Intel hardware because Richard Urban, who
has been in my shoes, said that the only software that will make
the Intel camera work with XP is what he downloaded but isn't
available any more. See below.

RRR_News wrote:
> William,
> Is your PC connected to router or part of a network? Are you using XP's,
> software such as ZoneAlarm, or a router's firewall?
No, I am hardwired to DSL, alone on this line. I have XP/SP1 and then
SP2, no ZA, only SP2 Firewall (on or off, same results).

> Here are two (2) files, and one (1)upgrade offer from Intel. Intel states
> that they still have upgrade in stock on their website, that might help with
> you using video feature for Intel's CS330 web cam. If you are using the CD
> that originally came with the camera. It probably includes drivers for
> Win9x/ME OS's, only. You will need to install the WinXP driver's. You still
> might be able to use the photo software on the CD.

I bought Intel's 'free' CD, labeled Intel C&S Software---Installation
CD for Windows 2000/Windows XP.
> 1. The CS330-XP.EXE file contains "Drivers only" and does NOT contain any
> Intel® Create & Share® Software
> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=460&DwnldID=3614
>
> 2. LIVEVID.EXE is a self-extracting archive that, once installed, will allow
> users to troubleshoot problems where their Intel camera will not stream or
> display live video.
> LIVEVID.EXE should allow you to resolve this issue.
> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=460&DwnldID=4336
>
> 3. Intel Create & Share® software Upgrade CD for $5.95
> http://www.shop-intel.com/shop/product.asp?pid=SISW3086

That's exactly what I have.
> You did not say what video conferencing software you are trying to use with
> the camera. If you are trying to use the software from the Intel CD. Such as
> NetMeeting, you will probably need to install the current version offered by
> that product's manufacturer. Also check the software's instruction,
> concerning settings for application through firewalls and maybe routers. Is
> your PC connected to router or part of a network?
I have installed no 'third party' software to connect to the DSL line.It
has been my impression that Intel provided what would be required.
Actually, since I bought the Creative PC camera, I intend to install
it in a few days. I'm *sure* it will work with XP/SP2 with what they
provide.

Thanks for the links....I'll save them, but I've pretty well given up
on making the Intel camera do anything.

William B. Lurie

**************************************************************************>
> Sorry if you feel I derailed your thread a bit.

Not at all, Sharon. I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought so.
> That surely wasn't my intention.

Of course not. Reading these pages one never finds you other than
friendly and well-intentioned and tolerant (others please note).
> You're one of the regulars in these newsgroups and was just
> trying to lend a helping hand.
>
> Best regards,
Of course, Sharon. But with the software I have, XP>>SP2 and what Intel
sold me, purpoortedly to make their camera work with SP2, Richard has
told us that it can't be done. And what he did get from Intel that I
now can't he did make his work. So it all adds up to one thing:
I should quit the Don Quixote act and hope I have better success
with my new Creative camera, and their software.

--
William B. Lurie

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:35:17 -0500, billurie@nospam.org wrote:

> and hope I have better success
> with my new Creative camera, and their software.

I hope so too, Bill. Good luck with it!
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Here Bill.

I've done your work for you!
http://www.shop-intel.com/shop/product.asp?pid=SISW3086

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

<billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
> My Intel PC Camera used to work....through original XP
> and SP1. In SP2 it does not, and Intel abandoned its
> PC Camera users a year or so ago. Anybody have a group
> maybe devoted to such issues, or any volunteer in this
> group?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> William B. Lurie

OK. The last time I tried it was under SP1. As I have said - I do not use
the software as my camera works fine with every Windows XP program/utility
that utilizes a web cam. All I needed were the drivers.

--

> Richard Urban wrote:
>> Here Bill.
>>
>> I've done your work for you!
>> http://www.shop-intel.com/shop/product.asp?pid=SISW3086
>>
> Thank you, Richard. I bought that CD (free except for $5.95
> S&H) months ago. See other peoples' corroboration that it
> doesn't work for SP2.
>
> --
> William B. Lurie

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I still have my Intel Create and Share Camera, which is older than Bills,
and that was barely supported with ME (was made for 95/98), and had
absolutely no support for 2000, as Intel stated that iy will not write
drivers past ME.

Though I don't have the software installed, since it won't work, nor are
there any Intel drivers for it, XP uses the device as an (listed in Device
man.) 'Intel USB Video Camera III'. I can take self pictures with it, make
little videos with through WMM2, and I can do web cam chats through Yahoo,
MSN, and Netmeeting. Since that is all available to me still, I am actually
saving disk space and resources not having to use Intel's software.