XP Activation probs again..

February 23, 2005 9:02:08 PM

Sometime ago I mentioned here that my compaq 1200 asks to be activated at
every reststart,
Michael Solomon gave me a fix but the problem has reoccured and the fix
does not work
this time.
The fix was to start in safe mode and type "regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll
and...licdll.dll"
thanks in advance.

More about : activation probs

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 9:02:09 PM

Is your XP genuine Microsoft or a copy? SP2 defeats some activation
workarounds that worked prior to SP2.

"john" <fionnkool@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Sometime ago I mentioned here that my compaq 1200 asks to be activated at
> every reststart,
> Michael Solomon gave me a fix but the problem has reoccured and the fix
> does not work
> this time.
> The fix was to start in safe mode and type "regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll
> and...licdll.dll"
> thanks in advance.

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 9:02:09 PM

John, after registering the files as I previously suggested, do you then run
activation? If not, follow the procedure I previously gave you and then
activate and see if that resolves the issue.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"john" <fionnkool@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Sometime ago I mentioned here that my compaq 1200 asks to be activated at
> every reststart,
> Michael Solomon gave me a fix but the problem has reoccured and the fix
> does not work
> this time.
> The fix was to start in safe mode and type "regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll
> and...licdll.dll"
> thanks in advance.

February 24, 2005 1:07:21 AM

Its the real thing!