[Help] 200$ mobo + processor

Celestino

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I know there's probably alot of topics about this and you're probably tired of answering this for othere ppl, but the topics i saw wre oriented towards some motherboard/aqnd or processor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------
Im thinking in buying a new processor (and motherboard) since mine are way too old.(mine is an old 1.2GHz) The problem is, i don't understand much of motherboards and processors, and thats where i need some of your advices..
my budgett isn't much aswell, since ill probably be spending about 150€ (200 US$), no more :p
By the way, ill be using them essentially for gaming!

here are some of the mobos i already searched: (mostly because of the price)
Foxconn P9657AA - 8KS2H
775Dual-VSTA Motherboard

and processors:
Pentium D 805

but there's probably better options (core2duo) for this.. anyway, im taking any advices from you guys and im not rejecting AMD suggestions, the above were only stuff i saw till now.. If anyone could help me in here, i would be most thankfull

ps. i have some crappy old RAM (pc133 SDRAM) :p and an old graphics card (nVidia FX5200 128mb), that i might want to change aswell in a very near future!

PLZ reply if you have some idea for this prize range!

[/b]

Nossy

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2005
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz Socket 939 Processor $83

BIOSTAR TForce4SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD $100

You're pretty much stuck with a single core processor and DDRI memory with that budget

Celestino

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
yeah.. i do realise that now, and ill probably spend more! tell me something, is the difference between dual core and core2duo (am2) worth the huge difference of prices i see on the products?
im thinking in buying a Pentium D 805, but the FSB at 533Mhz might be something obsolete in the near future since 800 and 1066Mhz processors are coming out for a while now. again, does this make a big impact on the overall performance of the processor?
Cache: 2X 1MB L2