Sign in with
Your question

hahaha i think this is pretty funny

Last response: in CPUs
February 5, 2007 3:39:09 AM

soo you know how acer has the ferrari laptops...now....asus came out with lamborgini laptops...thats freaking hilarious...

whats next WOOO look guys at my new dell bmw!!!!!!!

More about : hahaha pretty funny

February 5, 2007 3:55:22 AM

first off this is old, the vx2 laptops are already gona come out, and secondly this is jus a more stylish laptop. better looking then any dell one obviously. if u hav the money and want something that looks good i hav no gripe with it

i prefer the asus ones and any rate
Related resources
February 5, 2007 3:56:34 AM

Wow, that is pretty blatant.
February 5, 2007 4:16:14 AM

Quote:

forget that, show me the hummer laptop! :lol: 
February 5, 2007 4:21:49 AM

i think there actually is a hummer one, well idk if its hummer, but i kno theres a third company that does this
February 5, 2007 5:08:35 AM

hahaha its so stupid...

LOOK AT MY HP KOENIGSEGG....WORLDS FASTEST LAPTOP WITH 10900GTX AND A CORE 100 SEXDRO
February 5, 2007 5:09:44 AM

Quote:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
February 5, 2007 5:10:31 AM

Quote:
hahaha its so stupid...

LOOK AT MY HP KOENIGSEGG....WORLDS FASTEST LAPTOP WITH 10900GTX AND A CORE 100 SEXDRO

whoa easy there
February 5, 2007 5:12:36 AM

not sex meaning d in p i mean sex as in 6
February 5, 2007 5:28:56 AM

Have you been smokin' the wacky tobaccy? 8O
February 5, 2007 1:17:24 PM

Quote:

-Good times
February 5, 2007 1:29:57 PM

(O_o) .... WTF is wrong with you?
February 5, 2007 1:36:23 PM

Quote:
soo you know how acer has the ferrari laptops...now....asus came out with lamborgini laptops...thats freaking hilarious...

.....Welcome to 2006. This is old news man...
February 5, 2007 1:37:34 PM

don't mention the HTPC Beetle...

Or the Volvo Laser Printer
February 5, 2007 2:54:16 PM

MY GOD!! you need to relax!!! lololol
ur friken insane bro!
February 5, 2007 2:58:40 PM

lamborgini yellow is one sweet color for a laptop. damn that looks smooth.
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2007 3:01:19 PM

I am waiting for the Zeus laptop.
February 5, 2007 3:23:18 PM

It might be blatantly like it in design but the hardware in the lamborgini is far superior, and why make a big deal everyone copies everyone else if the idea sells.
February 6, 2007 12:38:58 AM

Makes me wonder: When's Dell coming out with the Pinto? :lol: 
February 6, 2007 5:05:49 AM

Pinto? Thats a little high class for dell, more like the Geo Tracker laptop
February 6, 2007 5:08:55 AM

Quote:
Pinto? Thats a little high class for dell, more like the Geo Tracker laptop

"Through early production of the model, it became a focus of a major scandal when it was alleged that the car's design allowed its fuel tank to be easily damaged in the event of a rear-end collision which sometimes resulted in deadly fires and explosions." - Wikipedia

See the similairity now? :lol: 
February 6, 2007 5:26:20 AM

Sounds more like what a Sony would do. :) 
February 6, 2007 5:38:52 AM

Quote:

My new Alienware Bugatti :D 
February 6, 2007 5:42:29 AM

Quote:

The new layout has him over the edge. :lol: 
February 6, 2007 5:46:23 AM

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me of that little fact in the Exploding Dell Laptop Saga.
February 6, 2007 6:03:02 AM

No problem. Remember that thing in 1945 with that german guy?
February 6, 2007 6:32:38 AM

I actually like the idea of an alienware buggatti laptop. That would be one heck of a good looking laptop. But i'd still go for a hummer err...laptop
February 6, 2007 6:52:36 AM

>Alienware Bugatti

Ooh, nice. The "alien head" design would fit in well with the Veyron, too.

(incidentally, anyone in the UK see Top Gear on Sunday? Veyron to 407kp/h (250mph) on standard tyres, no mods, on VW's test track.)
February 6, 2007 7:01:21 AM

Sup

Well, personally, I feel that designs on cases etc, should be more a customised thing, not churned out as a standard manufacturing and marketing gimmick to make people "feel special" about their rigs. Done some custom spray painting etc for peoples rigs, and it looked good, while each had a unique feel to it, without going over the top or paying through the nose.

But, if they're running with it, means they're coining it, so viva le free enterprise and people wanting standard paint jobs.

(note irony as cars etc are under same umbrella essentially)
February 6, 2007 7:08:21 AM

Quote:
Sup

Well, personally, I feel that designs on cases etc, should be more a customised thing, not churned out as a standard manufacturing and marketing gimmick to make people "feel special" about their rigs. Done some custom spray painting etc for peoples rigs, and it looked good, while each had a unique feel to it, without going over the top or paying through the nose.

But, if they're running with it, means they're coining it, so viva le free enterprise and people wanting standard paint jobs.

(note irony as cars etc are under same umbrella essentially)

Sadly thats what your going to have to do to get a case like that, companys like antec and thermaltake are in it for the money, to get something truly unique your going to have to pay alot, or do it yourself.

w00ty w00t! 1600!
February 6, 2007 7:38:47 AM

Yeah, unfortunately the moola always is a big motivating factor. The jobs i did basically the costs were just covered, with nearly no profit, but i enjoyed doing it, plus was good recreation, but where i stay not really a viable business idea, as the town's pretty small and money in short supply. Still, one does one's best eh?

Listen, I'm from SA, am curious about American salaries, gross annual income etc, as opposed to the prices. What is an average salary in dollars, as opposed to, say , a 1 GB stick o ram or a months rent? Tyring to see how disproportionate our prices are out here.
a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 6, 2007 8:00:02 AM

Quote:

.....Welcome to 2006. This is old news man...

and welcome to 2007 8)
February 6, 2007 8:06:45 AM

Quote:
Listen, I'm from SA, am curious about American salaries, gross annual income etc, as opposed to the prices. What is an average salary in dollars, as opposed to, say , a 1 GB stick o ram or a months rent? Tyring to see how disproportionate our prices are out here.

Well, here in Utah, USA, our average salary is somewhere between 20,000-33,000 USD/yr, versus average retail 1GB ddr2 is around 140-150USD (brick and mortar stores) versus web, I got Kingston HyperX DDR400 (ddr1) 2.0-3-2-6 for 90.99 from Newegg, I make ~2500$/mo, so it's kinda like 1 shift at work for me to buy that.
February 6, 2007 8:13:22 AM

Sup

Holy crap! Grrrrr!

Getting ripped here! Myself, basically getting R36K/annum, but a 1GB DDR2 667Mhz costs like freaking R1300 - R1500!!! half my monthly salary on a memory module? HELL NO!!!! I want to obtain another module so i can run dual channel, but sheez, having to save for months to buy 1 stick is REALLY a pain in the ass! Hoddang!

Maybe should go work in USA to get some ACTUAL money in order to buy components! Hehehehe! Not this banana leaf printed haggis!
February 6, 2007 8:57:58 AM

Quote:

That would be like AMDs 4x4 laptop style. 8O
February 6, 2007 9:10:29 AM

Wow, its might actaully be cheaper for you to buy a plane ticket, fly over here, buy everything, have it shipped back to our country, then catch another flight back then to buy everthing over there. 8O
February 6, 2007 9:18:04 AM

The scary thing is, yes, it probably would be! My machine, for what it cost me, would get me a one way to USA (excl. visas etc)! thats about r6500 right there! am very sad now!!! btw how do you display ones computer specs at the bottom of every message? would like to do that! (even though its a crappy little machine, but still! Its me baby!)
February 6, 2007 9:21:11 AM

In your profile there should be a box that says Signature, enter your specs there, then scroll down a little, check the "always attach my signature" thing, then hit submit.
February 6, 2007 9:41:25 AM

Thanks man
February 6, 2007 5:15:06 PM

Uhh, Hitler? Must be missing something. Didn't he get hanged and burned. Don't think anything happened to his car though.
February 6, 2007 5:40:37 PM

Very old news, still silly/funny I suppose.

I believe its MSI just started making one with "real" bling. As in diamonds and crap around the touchpad area and costs a small fortune. I guess when you run with the Bill Gates' of the world it takes something this bizarre and over the top to stand out to your friends ? hehe
February 6, 2007 5:46:14 PM

Quote:
hahaha its so stupid...

a Vantec Veyron?....4 core would be a must....lol
a b à CPUs
February 6, 2007 5:47:36 PM

I think they did this back a while with Daewoo cars...buy one, get a free Daewoo VCR/DVD combo. J/K...seriously, when is the Kia Spectra USB drive going to be available?
February 6, 2007 5:51:29 PM

Quote:

You know what I think is funny, the fact that you're laughing at it. :roll:
February 6, 2007 5:59:50 PM

Well I am a proud owner of an original Acer Ferrari. At the time it was quite the beast and the only laptop around with the following specs

- 512MB of RAM opposed to 256MB most machines had
- 60GB hard drive opposed to the 40 or 30gb most had
- dedicated 128MB ATI video opposed to onboard shared intel video most had
- It had integrated wireless G while some didn't have wireless at all at the time...centrino was jsut starting to hit the market
- It had bluetooth and infrared...nice features
- 4 USB 2.0 ports most laptops had 2 max and were not even USB 2.0
- firewire while most laptops lacked this
- High end 15" screen
- Dual format DVD burner...most machines had a CD-R/DVD combo

All this was at an affordable $2000 Canadian or around $1500 US. Not bad. Other than you would have to go Alienware or Voodoo PC and pay well over $3000 for something equivalent or better.

My original Ferrari is almost 3 years old and still kicking XP just fine with an AMD 2500+, 512MB RAM, 128MB dedicated video. I'd say not bad. Today though its all fulescreen fully loaded system for $1000. Not sure how the new Ferrari would stack up.

Asus is unoriginal with the Lamborghini. Trying to copy Acer. I hope Asus rots and people finally wake up and realized there are better products on the market than Asus including Abit, EVGA, ACER, Antec, etc....
a b à CPUs
February 6, 2007 6:17:59 PM

Quote:

You know what I think is funny, the fact that you're laughing at it. :roll:

I have to say, I at least grinned at the sheer stupidity of the idea. Then I laughed, thinking about the 'might have beens' out there...
February 6, 2007 6:27:40 PM

Quote:
Sounds more like what a Sony would do. :) 

It could be my Toshiba as well.
!