Sign in with
Your question

A complaint and a question

Last response: in Systems
February 5, 2007 4:18:43 AM

First of all, I would like to say screw Intel for making the DG965WH mobo. I have built the last 3 systems I have ever had and they all had clear cmos jumpers. This board how ever does not. I built a Core 2 Duo system using this board and after a week of it running constantly without a problem, I started getting random restarts. I figured it was ram timings or voltage that was causing the issue. So I checked the bios and guess what? They were in fact set to auto and not the correct timings. So I changed them to factory settings per my ram's specifications and also changed my graphics from Auto to PCI-E, since I have an 8800 GTS.

I save settings and reboot, and now I have the 3 beep memory thing and no video. And what's worse? NO CLEAR CMOS JUMPER TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

I can't change the settings because I have no video.

Any ideas on a fix? I'm assuming I am going to have to send the board back to Intel to get the problem fixed.

However I think this board is crap anyways and I know now that after the fact it does not support ram voltages over 1.8. My ram is Corsair XMS2 2 gigs at 2.1 volts. My question is, anyone know of a decent board that can support that ram and a E6300 Core 2, for a decent price.... like $250 to $300 budget?

Thanks in advance!!!

More about : complaint question

February 5, 2007 5:24:45 AM

$250-$300 just for the mobo? If thats the case you can get pretty much any board on the market today. Here are a couple i recommend.

Asus P5B Deluxe
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Gigabyte DS3
Evga 680i
Abit AB9 Pro
Intel Bad Axe 2

There all great for oc'ing, feature rich,
!