Does installing files for Asian language require original ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Please excuse me for asking a naive question: does installing files for
Asian language require the original Windows XP CD? The reason I am asking
is that I want to install Asian language to my custom built desktop w/ XP
Pro. but cannot find the original XP CD. The builder of this system had
moved out of down. However, I do have a Win XP Pro. CD for my IBM laptop
and a XP Home CD for my wife's Dell desktop. By an chance I can use either
of these CDs?

Any help are greatly appreciated. TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about does installing files asian language require original
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    The instructions are at: Start>Help and Support and then in the search box
    in the upper left of the Help and Support Center screen enter "Asian
    Language Support" (no quotes) and press enter. Click on the second entry
    that shows in the results pane. Any XP cd should be fine.

    "Roger Shaw" <shaw3186@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Please excuse me for asking a naive question: does installing files for
    > Asian language require the original Windows XP CD? The reason I am asking
    > is that I want to install Asian language to my custom built desktop w/ XP
    > Pro. but cannot find the original XP CD. The builder of this system had
    > moved out of down. However, I do have a Win XP Pro. CD for my IBM laptop
    > and a XP Home CD for my wife's Dell desktop. By an chance I can use
    > either of these CDs?
    >
    > Any help are greatly appreciated. TIA

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    See:

    Regional and Language Support for User Accounts
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/reginalsup.mspx
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

    Roger Shaw wrote:
    > Please excuse me for asking a naive question: does installing files for
    > Asian language require the original Windows XP CD? The reason I am asking
    > is that I want to install Asian language to my custom built desktop w/ XP
    > Pro. but cannot find the original XP CD. The builder of this system had
    > moved out of down. However, I do have a Win XP Pro. CD for my IBM laptop
    > and a XP Home CD for my wife's Dell desktop. By an chance I can use
    > either of these CDs?
    >
    > Any help are greatly appreciated. TIA

Windows XP CD-Rom Microsoft