norton wont kill adware!!

February 24, 2005 4:33:05 AM

norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 9:11:34 AM

Hi Ben,

Hard to kill it when it's active. Restart in Safe mode, scan there.

How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

Other programs that can help:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the first
place:
Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ben" <ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
> delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.
February 24, 2005 11:46:59 PM

Try AdAware

--

johnf

> norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
> delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 1:08:44 AM

Try:
Spyware Programs links:-