norton wont kill adware!!

norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.
3 answers Last reply
More about norton wont kill adware

    Hi Ben,

    Hard to kill it when it's active. Restart in Safe mode, scan there.

    How to start in Safe mode:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

    Other programs that can help:

    Adaware www.lavasoft.de
    Spybot www.safer-networking.org

    This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the first
    place:
    Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "ben" <ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
    > delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.

    Try AdAware

    --

    johnf

    > norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
    > delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.

    Try:
    Spyware Programs links:-
    www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware - ideal for the new user
    www.security.kolla.de Spybot - more experience required.

    ben wrote:
    > norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
    > delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.

Norton System32 Microsoft Windows XP