norton wont kill adware!!

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.

Hi Ben,

Hard to kill it when it's active. Restart in Safe mode, scan there.

How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

Other programs that can help:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

This one can help you avoid these programs from being installed in the first
place:
Spyware Blaster: www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ben" <ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
> delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.

johnf

Try AdAware

--

johnf

> norton scan found adware in windows system 32 but will not allow me to
> delete, quarantine or kill.....help please.

Try:
Spyware Programs links:-
www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware - ideal for the new user
www.security.kolla.de Spybot - more experience required.