opening files

How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
Thankyou.
More about opening files

    Post to microsoft.public.office.setup

    MrsCaz wrote:
    > How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
    > Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
    > 7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
    > Thankyou.

    In Word, go to Tools-Options, click on the View tab and uncheck "Windows
    in Taskbar" in the upper right-hand corner.

    Do the same in Excel

    HTH

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    MrsCaz <MrsCaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
    >Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
    >7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?

    In Word go to Tools > Options > View and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar".

    --
    (tm)

    Thanks - I Can Do this in Excel all right.... but the "windows in taskbar"
    option doesn't appear to be in Word... ??????

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > MrsCaz <MrsCaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
    > >Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
    > >7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
    >
    > In Word go to Tools > Options > View and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar".
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    Thanks - I can do this in Excel all right... but the "windows in taskbar"
    option doesn't seem to be under options in Word for some
    reason............... ?????????

    "cazfarrington" <cazfarrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thanks - I Can Do this in Excel all right.... but the "windows in taskbar"
    >option doesn't appear to be in Word... ??????

    Help with Word is available from
    news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.misc. I do not
    think that this option is missing on your computer, I would simply
    check again. If you cannot find it, you may want to reinstall Word to
    make sure that your configuration is ok.

    --
    (tm)

    it's a brand new PC. it's Word 2000 though - someone just told me that makes
    a difference? even if i go to print preview it opens in a new window. is this
    just a "feature" of windows 2000? i suppose i'll have to get used to it if it
    is!
    thanks

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "cazfarrington" <cazfarrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks - I Can Do this in Excel all right.... but the "windows in taskbar"
    > >option doesn't appear to be in Word... ??????
    >
    > Help with Word is available from
    > news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.misc. I do not
    > think that this option is missing on your computer, I would simply
    > check again. If you cannot find it, you may want to reinstall Word to
    > make sure that your configuration is ok.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    "cazfarrington" <cazfarrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >it's a brand new PC. it's Word 2000 though - someone just told me that makes
    >a difference? even if i go to print preview it opens in a new window. is this
    >just a "feature" of windows 2000? i suppose i'll have to get used to it if it
    >is!

    Post to the mentioned group. I do not use Word 2000, it may be that
    this option is hidden somewhere else or not available in this version.

    --
    (tm)

Excel Microsoft Windows XP