  • Excel
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
February 24, 2005 5:27:02 AM

How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
Thankyou.

More about : opening files

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 1:07:25 PM

Post to microsoft.public.office.setup

"MrsCaz" <MrsCaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents
> and
> Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with
> the
> 7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
> Thankyou.
February 24, 2005 1:30:04 PM

MrsCaz wrote:
> How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
> Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
> 7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
> Thankyou.

In Word, go to Tools-Options, click on the View tab and uncheck "Windows
in Taskbar" in the upper right-hand corner.

Do the same in Excel

HTH

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
February 24, 2005 2:38:44 PM

MrsCaz <MrsCaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
>Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
>7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?

In Word go to Tools > Options > View and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar".

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Thanks - I Can Do this in Excel all right.... but the "windows in taskbar"
option doesn't appear to be in Word... ??????

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> MrsCaz <MrsCaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
> >Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
> >7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
>
> In Word go to Tools > Options > View and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar".
>
> --
> (tm)

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:38:45 PM

Thanks - I can do this in Excel all right... but the "windows in taskbar"
option doesn't seem to be under options in Word for some
reason............... ?????????

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> MrsCaz <MrsCaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >How do i open files all in the same program? eg i opened 7 word documents and
> >Word opened a separate window for each instead of just opening once, with the
> >7 docs within it. Excel seems to be the same. How can I correct this?
>
> In Word go to Tools > Options > View and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar".
>
> --
> (tm)

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 12:25:26 PM

"cazfarrington" <cazfarrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks - I Can Do this in Excel all right.... but the "windows in taskbar"
>option doesn't appear to be in Word... ??????

Help with Word is available from
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.misc. I do not
think that this option is missing on your computer, I would simply
check again. If you cannot find it, you may want to reinstall Word to
make sure that your configuration is ok.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

it's a brand new PC. it's Word 2000 though - someone just told me that makes
a difference? even if i go to print preview it opens in a new window. is this
just a "feature" of windows 2000? i suppose i'll have to get used to it if it
is!
thanks

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "cazfarrington" <cazfarrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks - I Can Do this in Excel all right.... but the "windows in taskbar"
> >option doesn't appear to be in Word... ??????
>
> Help with Word is available from
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.misc. I do not
> think that this option is missing on your computer, I would simply
> check again. If you cannot find it, you may want to reinstall Word to
> make sure that your configuration is ok.
>
> --
> (tm)

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:19:21 AM

"cazfarrington" <cazfarrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>it's a brand new PC. it's Word 2000 though - someone just told me that makes
>a difference? even if i go to print preview it opens in a new window. is this
>just a "feature" of windows 2000? i suppose i'll have to get used to it if it
>is!

Post to the mentioned group. I do not use Word 2000, it may be that
this option is hidden somewhere else or not available in this version.

--
(tm)
!