Sign in with
Your question

E4300 at $189 at newegg???

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 5, 2007 4:30:14 PM

What the hell happened?? The price dropped from $189 when the E4300 first came out, down to $175 at it's lowest, and now it is back up to $189?? Anyone have any idea what going on? Do people think that the price really will get down to the 160-170 range, or will it stay up in the 170-180 range...for that matter, do you guys think it is now going to stay up around the E6300 price? Or is this some sort of temporary price increase?

More about : e4300 189 newegg

February 5, 2007 4:32:10 PM

It's still early in their release and people are buying them aplenty for the 9x multi and novelty at the price Newegg is charging. Supply and demand and all that.
February 5, 2007 5:10:16 PM

There needs to be like a two month long complete boycott of buying computer parts. Im sure if we got everybody from THG, Xtremesystems, and a couple OEM manufaturers to join the bandwagon we could drive prices down!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2007 5:26:41 PM

Quote:
There needs to be like a two month long complete boycott of buying computer parts. Im sure if we got everybody from THG, Xtremesystems, and a couple OEM manufaturers to join the bandwagon we could drive prices down!

And then you would lift the boycott and the surge in demand would push prices right back up - or higher.
February 5, 2007 7:38:47 PM

It's more or less that Newegg isn't giving anything back to the community.

Do you know how many people give price lists and links to Newegg?

We're practically advertising for them without getting paid to.

To hell with boycotting purchases, we need to boycott Newegg or we're gonna turn them into the Wal-Mart of computer parts.

They'll kill all the little guys and leave no market to offer comparable prices hence they can rake up the high prices on newly released products and you won't have anywhere else to buy those parts because Newegg flushed out all the reputable outlets.

ZipZoomFly E4300 for $178 with FREE shipping.

Spread the word guys.
February 5, 2007 8:57:46 PM

The E4300 has been selling at a premium since it was released. With the 9X multiplier a lot of people are buying them for the overclock potential. Give it a month or so until supply catches up to the surge in demand and it should drop $20. Just like the PS3's selling on E-bay for 1,000+ in December are now going for just slighly over retail. Basic supply and demand Newegg says we got a few if you want it bad enough.
February 5, 2007 9:07:56 PM

Supply and demand.

Look at some 939 CPUs. When AMD announced that it was ending 939 socket, prices slowly climbed. Now, there is a premium on a few 939 CPUs, not all, but a few.

Same with C2D line. When it was first released, it was astronomically priced. Now, it's a bit more stable.

Give it a few weeks to a month, and the prices will stablized...I hope.

Plus, Newegg seems to put a higher premium on new items. Higher than other etailers, sometimes.
February 5, 2007 10:57:25 PM

Just go to Fry's and buy the mobo e4300 processor combo for $150 if Newegg is jacking up the price. Don't let consumer ignorance do the job of what is masked as "supply and demand." Sure, I buy from Newegg when the price is right, and their customer service is pretty good; but, there are plenty of places that have tons of these in stock at cheaper prices. It's not really market supply and demand, and it seems to have more to do with people who jump on the first site they know to buy the product. Do your research so that consumer intelligence drives the prices down.
February 5, 2007 11:02:19 PM

Quote:
Just go to Fry's and buy the mobo e4300 processor combo for $150 if Newegg is jacking up the price. Don't let consumer ignorance do the job of what is masked as "supply and demand." Sure, I buy from Newegg when the price is right, and their customer service is pretty good; but, there are plenty of places that have tons of these in stock at cheaper prices. It's not really market supply and demand, and it seems to have more to do with people who jump on the first site they know to buy the product. Do your research so that consumer intelligence drives the prices down.

It's easy when there are retailers like Fry's available, of course. But when people can only get deals online, Newegg and other etailers, are the only choice, and because of that, they can sometimes put high premiums on new items.

I do agree that someone should do the legwork and look around for a good deal, but there is also the "trust" factor in dealing with a company like Newegg over Joe's CPUs and Crabcakes.
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2007 11:13:31 PM

Its called 'supply and demand'
Often a price has little do do with the cost of getting a product to consumers and more to do with what ppl are willing to pay.
If items sell too well, the price will often increase. Like AMD is selling nothing, so they put their prices down until they sell.

The price WILL go down, its just a matter of when, how fast, and by how much.
February 5, 2007 11:19:04 PM

It could be the per unit wholesale price that Newegg is paying to Intel for the chips. I read somewhere that the wholesale price fluctuates significantly in the early stages of a new CPU release.
February 6, 2007 12:55:24 AM

Yes, that is an interesting point. I'm sure there is some fluctuation, and Intel seems to have the market in a position to do such.
Joe's CPUs and Crabcakes?! I love that place! hehe, yes, the trust factor drives many companies, and Newegg's customer service probably keeps many coming back no matter the price.
We can call it "supply and demand," but we must consider the many facets of that concept. Many times people will use that title to refer to a circumstance in which there are limited amounts of a product available while customers maintain a high demand for it. This CPU seems to be available anywhere and in large numbers, so I'm not sure that is happening here. The form of "supply and demand" that we are talking about here may have little to do with item availability, and more to do with buyer gullibility -- "well, the buyer's demanding, and we have the supply!" hehe. A few more premises and maybe we will be able to put forth a treatise on the ' Wal-Mart Effect' hahaha
If I had more interest, I would actually e-mail Newegg and ask tehm about this. Let us know if anyone does this.
February 6, 2007 1:33:46 AM

500 CPUs @ $185 = $92,500
525 CPUs @ $175 = $91,875

Another factor of supply and demand. They might sell a few less CPUs, but they'll still make more in the long run.

Well, maybe not supply and demand, per se, but economics none the less.
February 6, 2007 1:47:14 AM

i would rather pay a few dollars more and know i am getting my product then go thru the nightmare so many people went thru with Monarch COmputers
February 7, 2007 2:07:23 AM

yay, it's back down to $175.
!