Forward Slash producing the following excitement

tungleboomps

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Suddenly and quite without warning, my forward slash is doing the following - make sure you're standing up before you see the following holding down the Alt button - forward slash = \

Now my keyboard is set to "English (United States) keyboard" -

If I set it to "English (Canada) keyboard" I get the following for the forward slash without holding down the Alt button - \
Holding down the Alt button = "

Using the ÈEnglish (Canada) Multilingual keyboardÈ I get what you see already as French letters before *English* and *keyboard* ... the forward slash is without holding down the Alt button = à

And holding down the Alt button I get = À

And with the English (Canada) Canadian French keyboard I get the following for the forward slash button without holding down the Alt button = <
And holding down the Alt button, I get = >

I`ve tried the Ctrl-Alt button and get the following for the forward slash = À (thatès with holding down the Alt button.

Anyone have an idea as to how to overcome this -

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite L675 with Windows 8. This problem only began this past evening. Plus, the fonts are working well in Outlook - but only in this IE10 Browser has the problem began taking place.
This problem is also taking place in Google Chrome but within Outlook, the fonts / keyboard characters work flawlessly.
Also, in a new tab or Facebook, the Forward slash works properly.