Who has an nVidia 680i based board?

mav67

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I have a question for those who own one of these boards. Have you ever tried flashing your board with a BIOS from another brand. From what I've read, most of the 680i based boards available at the moment are made by nVidia and thus exactly the same... I'm asking because I've found that some brands, such as eVGA, have released a lot more BIOS updates than other brands. It would be good if all 680i boards could benefit from other brands' updates.

Nomans63

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I have a question for those who own one of these boards. Have you ever tried flashing your board with a BIOS from another brand. From what I've read, most of the 680i based boards available at the moment are made by nVidia and thus exactly the same...
No, I think it's a bad idea. Each BIOS may have some specific code that would apply only to the board specific hardware, and they are not the same across all boards. The boards may be based on reference sample from NVidia, but I believe each board manufacturer is tinkering a bit with their board for feature enhancements or something that makes their board standing out.