Is this normal??

cpx79

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Ok, I want others opinions on wether i should be upset about this or not. Or if this is common among online retailers.

I placed an order with Tigerdirect.com on friday 2/2 at 5am for pretty much an entire pc. Everything I ordered was in stock at the time I ordered it. I am an impatient person so I payed extra for next day shipping (even though they are close enough to ground ship it in 1 day). So i start watching my order status throughout the day friday just to make sure everything was going smooth. I see no activity on my order for the entire day other than the fact that my bank showed my card being billed for the $1200 order. So saturday i check my order status again. The only change was 1 item was now on backorder. Sunday morning i decide to check it again even though i am sure nobody was working on sunday. Now it shows that everything has shipped. Strange to me because i don't think UPS works on sunday. Then i go and look and my bank account again just to see that they billed me for the same $1200 TWICE! :x I make a call to tigerdirect and explain the situation to the CS guy. He says they should have never billed me until the order shipped and that he would do a credit card reversal.

Anyway. Here I am 8pm on monday and no shipment and UPS can't even track my order. I'm feeling pretty disappointed in Tigers service. Next time I think I will buy from Newegg.

just2good4u3434

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
If this happened to me I would be very angry, and you should be too. I've never bought from Tiger Direct before, so I cant comment on their service, but I would even go as far as calling CS again, canceling the order, and buying from another online store.

joejones

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Dude, I wouldn't even accept the delivery.
I would call CS and tell them you want a full refund.
I would call your credit card and have them reverse both charges.

That is unacceptable. If they want your business back, they had better give you a huge discount!
I have ordered from tigerdirect before and they have always been good to me, but to pay extra and not receive it by Monday, unacceptable!

At the very least, they shoud refund the hurry fees.