Sign in with
Your question

LCD loses signal on Restart???

Last response: in Components
February 5, 2007 11:48:33 PM

Need some help with a very wierd situation please.
Ok here goes....

I have a Viewsonic vx922(Drivers are loaded) 19" lcd on a evga 7950 gx2. Everytime i restart the computer i not only lose signal but the monitor shuts off and the power button flashes on and off.
I shut the monitor totally off and turn the computer on and then try and turn the monitor on but it still flashes.

Here is the kicker.... The only way to get the monitor to work is turn the monitor off and unplug it from the card. Then turn on the computer.

Turn the monitor on first and then plug the monitor into the card while the computer is on then it works.

It does the same thing on both my computers.

i have a crt that i plugged in and it worked on every restart.

What is weird is the lcd will stay on once the computer goes through the reboot process and then the power light flashes and i lose the whole picture.

Any Ideas. Bad Monitor, wire???? Why does it only work the way i mentioned? thats wierd stuff.

Drivers are installed.

Oh and this only started to happen once i restarted from a IE 7 update install which doesnt even work.

Thanks For any Advice
February 6, 2007 12:38:03 AM

Hi

I have the same problem with my computer

config:
a8n sli premium
x2 3800+
Ati radeon x1950 Pro

Here is what i got from the Ati Support center:

737-20848: Loss of Video Signal to HDTV When Input Source Is Changed Using DVI/HDMI or DVI/DVI Connections

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):

* DVI/HDMI connection to HDTV
* DVI to DVI connection to some monitors
* RADEON series with DVI to DVI or DVI to HDMI compliant connector

Some users have reported that when the input on their HDTV is changed from the DVI/HDMI source to something else, there is no image on the HDTV when changed back.

This has also been shown to occur with certain monitors connected with DVI to DVI when the source is changed from digital to analog and then back to digital.

To workaround this behavior, the user will need to disconnect and reattach the cable connection from the display.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating it. Any updates will be published when they become available.

If someone could help us! I think we really are more than 2!

Thank you
February 6, 2007 9:06:52 PM

Now this is exactly why i come to these forums... 8O For all the expert advice, Thank you everyone for your input :lol: 

I assume it was a stupid question but thanks anyway
!