ATI DirectX 10 cards, and Nvidia next wave cards

a1181899

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Does anyone have any information regarding the release of DirectX 10 ATI cards?

Also, does anyone have any information regarding the release of Nvidia's next line of video cards? Furthermore, what sort of impact will that have on current 8800 series card prices?

a1181899

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Thank you for your "clue", though if such questions were never presented in the forums, than your suggestion of searching them would useless. So I hope the next post actually answers the questions, rather than indicating that we take our inquiries to a search engine; for if this were the common approach, than these forums would not exist.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
I believe you should direct your eyes 3 inches above the posting area and hit the search button and input DX10. I have no doubt your question will be answered a hundred times.

Read jesse's post better!

Thank you for your "clue", though if such questions were never presented in the forums, than your suggestion of searching them would useless.
Use the search feature in the forums

juggernautspot

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
Here's a clue:

Use the search feature in the forums

or

Wikipedia

or

Google

don't worry mpjesse is a whinning little girl most times. he seems to pick on kids who ask honest questions. he seems to forget some people have lives outside of sitting on tomshardware forums all day waiting for the next response.

yes he probably knows how to search google and wikipedia, but he chose to ask his honest question her. either answer answer his question or don't. don't be a bitch and making him feel smaller due to it.

got that mpjesse. stop the "i am better than you attitude" it is getting very annoying.

peace out a1181899 keep up the inquisitive nature, you will go far by asking questions, not by assuming you know all of them.

moral of the story mpjesse?

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Oh, please, mpjesse is right. The number of people who come on here merely wanting to be spoonfed information rather than do any work on their own is ridiculous.

People respect you a lot more if you can be bothered to do some research before asking a question. It also means you're *much* more likely to get a helpful answer.

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
Oh, please, mpjesse is right. The number of people who come on here merely wanting to be spoonfed information rather than do any work on their own is ridiculous.

People respect you a lot more if you can be bothered to do some research before asking a question. It also means you're *much* more likely to get a helpful answer.

How long have you spent your time here as a poster, on your knees in front of Mpjesse's pants? Not long enough I bet, why don't you go back and spend more time there putting in "quality time", and less time here bothering people with real questions.

There is no LIVE topic on this issue, only speculations and random tidbits about mid-range Nvidia cards.

As far as R600, ATI is pretty tight-lip about the chip/core or any of its potential performance gains. This could be a good or bad thing. Either way it's a waiting game, and it's one Nvidia's already preparing to make the next check-mate move toward.

ATI's usual game-plan is "calm and steady", they're not too concerned with rushing the market, only with bringing a solid product to the game floor so there's less criticism about stability/cooling. The 1950 Pro is a strange phenomenon outside of the usual game-plan, but most chalk it up to the OEM vendors not doing their designs well.

As for what's going to happen, expect this to be going on at the moment:

ATI's tweaking the R600 to have a solid launch. There's no doubt in my mind it will be a single card release rather than double like the Nvidia G80 did. This is because ATI doesn't want to play two markets or tinker with a cut down core yet. They'll probably just release the R600 X2000 or whatever reference design XT and be done with it.

After it launches, and before the dust fully clears. Nvidia's going to come out like, "HeY! Don't leave us yet! Ta-dahhh!" and unveil a new version of the G80, probably G81 in the form of an 8900GT/GTX that will run cooler and benchmark much higher than the 8800GTX. There will be less of a gap between the 8900GT and GTX because the revised core won't have such a hit in performance when cut down like the 8800GTS versus GTX had. Along side this launch, probably less than 2 weeks apart (Maybe 2 weeks before R600 launch) is the 8600 Launch which will try to lock in the mid-range market.

Over-all though, the next 4-6 weeks are going to be huge. A lot is going to be going on and a lot of the forum heads are probably going to be swamped with threads asking about X1950GT's versus 8600GT's versus 8600Ultra's versus 8800GTS's and a lot of 8800GTX owners coming in flaming new 8900GT buyers/owners, defending their poor decisions.

It's gonna be fun when I call out all the idiots that swore by the 8800GTX and I have benchmarks to prove my claims.

Hameedo

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
See people ? that's why people come here and ask normal or repitive questions .. TO DISCUSS .

such informations are not easily revealed by simple searching .. and why on earth would we create forums if all we have to do is search ?

Great Job "NamelessMC" .. I salut you sir , you have summed the situation cleverely .

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
Ah, you're a rabid ATi Fanboy and a troll. OK, then.

#ignore.

Ah, you're a pretentious guesser.

I happen to own three GPU's, and guess what?

Two of them are Nvidia based.

7600GT and 7900GS.

Yes, I favor my X1950XT, but who wouldn't? If I owned a 7950GT maybe I'd prefer that.

I have no brand favorites.

And in fact, my LEAST favorite card on the market is the X1950Pro, so I guess, you're dumb?

I don't see in brands or colors, I see performance and prices. If something doesn't impress me, it by itself doesn't impress me. The brand, as far as I'm concerned, can cook up something else that will impress me.

The bottom line is, for the money, the 8800GTX doesn't impress me.

People can't seem to understand it, people think I hate Nvidia for it, when the sad truth is, I recommend people that want to buy an 8800GTX, a completely different NVIDIA CARD.

So where is the bias if people wanting to build a PC are hearing me tell them, "Go with a 7900GS for now, and wait til more mainstream DX10 G80 solutions or R600 solutions hit the market".

Oh, maybe I'm a 7000 series GPU fan boy? Oh, maybe I'm an FPS/Dollar fan-boy?

Or maybe, what you haven't deduced, is that I'm a fanboy of everything that is smart and involves reading?

I is sorry to yous sir for being so smart! I be going to my rooms now to be cleaning them floors! We don't be wanting no peoples around these parts to read and write and know whats good for thems no way anyhow right!?

muthah

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
thank god someone answered you intelligently at least once, unfortunately for you there are know-it-all wannabe's out there with nothing better to do. Forums are for discussion and helping each other out . i failed to see how they helped anyone out here, but look on the bright side...... maybe daddy will buy them a new beemer instead of a voodoo pc or alienware for their 16th birthday <wink>

TRENDING THREADS