Restore

I created a restore point for August 16, 2004.

I went to restore the system and that restore point does not exist. I have
had it and used it several times.

Why oh why?

Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about restore

    In news:upjiSrpGFHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Debutante <akdjakls@jdakfldj.com> typed:

    > I created a restore point for August 16, 2004.
    >
    > I went to restore the system and that restore point does not
    > exist. I
    > have had it and used it several times.
    >
    > Why oh why?

    It's far too long ago.

    How long a restore point lives depends on how much space you
    allocate for restore points. When all the available space is used
    up, and new restore points are created, older restore points are
    deleted to make room for new ones.

    Over and above that, there's a maximum of 90 days for the life of
    any restore point.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Older restore points drop off of the calendar to make room for newer ones.
    The system sets restore points on a daily basis and installations sometimes
    set restore points.

    "Debutante" <akdjakls@jdakfldj.com> wrote in message
    >I created a restore point for August 16, 2004.
    >
    > I went to restore the system and that restore point does not exist. I have
    > had it and used it several times.
    >
    > Why oh why?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Hi

    All checkpoints are automatically deleted after 90 days - that's why you
    can't see it now. Going back that far, could be detrimental you your
    system, with all the changes that would have been made to the Registry over
    that amount of time.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Debutante" <akdjakls@jdakfldj.com> wrote in message
    >I created a restore point for August 16, 2004.
    >
    > I went to restore the system and that restore point does not exist. I have
    > had it and used it several times.
    >
    > Why oh why?
    >
    > Thank you.

Microsoft Windows XP