Restore

February 24, 2005 4:01:07 PM

I created a restore point for August 16, 2004.

I went to restore the system and that restore point does not exist. I have
had it and used it several times.

Why oh why?

Thank you.

More about : restore

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:01:08 PM

In news:upjiSrpGFHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Debutante <akdjakls@jdakfldj.com> typed:

> I created a restore point for August 16, 2004.
>
> I went to restore the system and that restore point does not
> exist. I
> have had it and used it several times.
>
> Why oh why?

It's far too long ago.

How long a restore point lives depends on how much space you
allocate for restore points. When all the available space is used
up, and new restore points are created, older restore points are
deleted to make room for new ones.

Over and above that, there's a maximum of 90 days for the life of
any restore point.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:01:08 PM

Older restore points drop off of the calendar to make room for newer ones.
The system sets restore points on a daily basis and installations sometimes
set restore points.

"Debutante" <akdjakls@jdakfldj.com> wrote in message
>I created a restore point for August 16, 2004.
>
> I went to restore the system and that restore point does not exist. I have
> had it and used it several times.
>
> Why oh why?
>
> Thank you.

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 9:07:53 PM

Hi

All checkpoints are automatically deleted after 90 days - that's why you
can't see it now. Going back that far, could be detrimental you your
system, with all the changes that would have been made to the Registry over
that amount of time.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User