Character pics

Is there a way to add in new character portraits?
14 answers Last reply
More about character pics

    Yes - just put them in the portraits folder in the NWN directory. Try
    downloading some from the main site to get the format for your own pictures:

    http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/portraits/

    They are .tga format and various sizes.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "John Turner" <johnturner00@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to add in new character portraits?

    Thanks Maxon. That's a big help

    John Turner wrote:
    > Thanks Maxon. That's a big help

    You can also use the PRC pack to add a bunch of new character models and
    portraits that you can use as well, but the module must be
    PRC-associated, or you can update it to be.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    You're welcome.

    > Thanks Maxon. That's a big help
    > "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes - just put them in the portraits folder in the NWN directory. Try
    > > downloading some from the main site to get the format for your own
    > > pictures:
    > >
    > > http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/portraits/
    > >
    > > They are .tga format and various sizes.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >
    > > "John Turner" <johnturner00@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > >> Is there a way to add in new character portraits?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > You can also use the PRC pack to add a bunch of new character
    > models and portraits that you can use as well, but the module
    > must be PRC-associated, or you can update it to be.

    Does anyone know of any way to update the OC, SoU, and HotU 'modules' to
    take advantage of the CEP models? It is the CEP you refer to above, no?

    - Sheldon
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Sheldon England wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>You can also use the PRC pack to add a bunch of new character
    >>models and portraits that you can use as well, but the module
    >>must be PRC-associated, or you can update it to be.
    >

    > Does anyone know of any way to update the OC, SoU, and HotU 'modules' to
    > take advantage of the CEP models? It is the CEP you refer to above, no?
    >

    > - Sheldon

    No, the CEP is different. I think you can open the official modules in
    the Toolset and choose the CEP as haks to apply to them, but maybe this
    feature is disabled since they are the official games.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Sheldon England wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know of any way to update the OC, SoU, and
    > > HotU 'modules' to take advantage of the CEP models? It
    > > is the CEP you refer to above, no?
    >
    > No, the CEP is different. I think you can open the official
    > modules in the Toolset and choose the CEP as haks to apply
    > to them, but maybe this feature is disabled since they are
    > the official games.

    I'll try again tonight. I'm pretty sure I attempted that before and it
    didn't seem to make a difference. When playing the OC after that attempt
    with a CEP-created character he ended up having no head. Quite freaky.
    :p

    What is the PRC pack then? Prestige Class content is my guess. Is it an
    add-on downloadable from the NWVaults? (I'm at work and can't check the
    graphical sites until later ... <g>)

    Thanks for your info and insight.

    - Sheldon
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Sheldon England" <sheldonengland@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >>
    >> Sheldon England wrote:

    > What is the PRC pack then? Prestige Class content is my guess. Is it an
    > add-on downloadable from the NWVaults? (I'm at work and can't check the
    > graphical sites until later ... <g>)

    You are correct. Unfortunatly, it doesn't play nice with the CEP pack. If
    you're interested in prestige characters just install the PRC.

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Sheldon England wrote:

    > What is the PRC pack then? Prestige Class content is my guess. Is it an
    > add-on downloadable from the NWVaults? (I'm at work and can't check the
    > graphical sites until later ... <g>)

    The PRC contains custom races, subraces, classes, character models,
    spells, feats, skills...pretty much a bunch of new *everything*. You
    need to download the PRC Character Creator (to make a character with,
    instead of the Bioware generator) and the PRC Pack (which contains all
    the new stuff) and you can create a character with tons of options.

    The PRC also comes with an auto-updater you can use to make a module
    PRC-compliant. A much easier process than having to apply the CEP.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Peridot wrote:

    > Sheldon England wrote:
    >
    > > What is the PRC pack then? Prestige Class content is my guess.
    >
    > You are correct. Unfortunatly, it doesn't play nice with the CEP
    > pack. If you're interested in prestige characters just install
    > the PRC.

    Interesting. From having SoU and HotU installed I already have prestige
    classes (love weapon masters and arcane archers). Is this some sort of
    supplement with newer PrCs from the "Complete" D&D 3.5 books or is it
    only for basic NwN installs that don't have access to the SoU or HotU
    expansions?

    And what does PRC do to thwart the CEP?

    Thanks for any info or comments.

    - Sheldon
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Sheldon England wrote:
    >
    > > What is the PRC pack then? Prestige Class content is my guess. Is it an
    > > add-on downloadable from the NWVaults? (I'm at work and can't check the
    > > graphical sites until later ... <g>)
    >
    > The PRC contains custom races, subraces, classes, character models,
    > spells, feats, skills...pretty much a bunch of new *everything*. You
    > need to download the PRC Character Creator (to make a character with,
    > instead of the Bioware generator) and the PRC Pack (which contains all
    > the new stuff) and you can create a character with tons of options.

    Is it any good?

    I don't really feel much of a need to play a goliath kobold half
    wereguppy dentist/exotic-dancer/uberdemonslayer or anything. I usually
    just play humans or possibly elves, sad as that may seem. Your
    description makes the PRC sound like something for extreme tinkerers
    and/or module developers. Do I misunderstand?

    > The PRC also comes with an auto-updater you can use to make a module
    > PRC-compliant. A much easier process than having to apply the CEP.

    Good idea. I still wish there was just some 'global' NwN switch to
    "activate all CEP content" sort of thing.

    Thanks for the info. I have some research to do tonight. I hadn't even
    heard of the PRC pack.

    - Sheldon
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Sheldon England wrote:

    > Is it any good?
    >
    > I don't really feel much of a need to play a goliath kobold half
    > wereguppy dentist/exotic-dancer/uberdemonslayer or anything. I usually
    > just play humans or possibly elves, sad as that may seem. Your
    > description makes the PRC sound like something for extreme tinkerers
    > and/or module developers. Do I misunderstand?

    Go here http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/manual/index.html and click on the
    categories on the left, like "Races", etc. and you will see all the new
    things it adds.

    I consider the CEP to be more of a developer tool, whereas the PRC is
    for players too since you can create a very custom character with all
    the new things that are added.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Go here http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/manual/index.html and click on the
    > categories on the left, like "Races", etc. and you will see all the new
    > things it adds.
    >
    > I consider the CEP to be more of a developer tool, whereas the PRC is
    > for players too since you can create a very custom character with all
    > the new things that are added.

    Very interesting. Thanks for the link. I spent some time on the weekend
    going through the site. That's a lot of nifty stuff.

    Much obliged for the heads-up.

    - Sheldon
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Sheldon England wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>Go here http://nwnprc.netgamers.co.uk/manual/index.html and click on the
    >>categories on the left, like "Races", etc. and you will see all the new
    >>things it adds.
    >>
    >>I consider the CEP to be more of a developer tool, whereas the PRC is
    >>for players too since you can create a very custom character with all
    >>the new things that are added.
    >

    > Very interesting. Thanks for the link. I spent some time on the weekend
    > going through the site. That's a lot of nifty stuff.
    >
    > Much obliged for the heads-up.
    >

    > - Sheldon

    No problem. And don't forget, even a mod that isn't PRC compliant can be
    made so by using the module updater that comes with the PRC download.
    It's much harder to make a mod CEP compliant, and I still don't know how
    yet myself.

Games Video Games