Jewel quest screwed up?

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2005 1:27:23 AM

I'm on the "Get the Star Ruby (?)"-mission in Coldwood, in the dungie with
all the undead, liches and the imprisoned succubus.

There's a room there with four pedestals, and I seem to have blown one of
the pedestals to shreds with an expanded fireball-spell (it was kinda
heavily guarded...).

It must be a bug, because now I can't finish the quest - is there some
trick with the toolset to put the darn thing back in its place? My latest
save is several hours real time away from the infamous fireball-accident...

:-((((

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

More about : jewel quest screwed

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 9:22:41 AM

The Pillars as I recall are necessary to that particular quest in Coldwood
(Layenne's Tomb), and it sounds more like the 'Recover the Star Sapphire'
quest... unfortunately I think you're out of luck as to replacing the
pillar, unless someone else is more knowledgeable than this than I.. There
should be 5 pillars though.... one in the center has the Star Sapphire. You
need other gems collected in the tomb to use with the other 4 pillars...
examine the pillars from the radial menu to figure out which.
"Arcana Dragon" <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote in message

> I'm on the "Get the Star Ruby (?)"-mission in Coldwood, in the dungie with
> all the undead, liches and the imprisoned succubus.
>
> There's a room there with four pedestals, and I seem to have blown one of
> the pedestals to shreds with an expanded fireball-spell (it was kinda
> heavily guarded...).
>
> It must be a bug, because now I can't finish the quest - is there some
> trick with the toolset to put the darn thing back in its place? My latest
> save is several hours real time away from the infamous
> fireball-accident...
>
> :-((((
>

> --
> Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
> d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
> LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
> http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:24:01 PM

"Arcana Dragon" <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote in message

> I'm on the "Get the Star Ruby (?)"-mission in Coldwood, in the dungie with
> all the undead, liches and the imprisoned succubus.
>
> There's a room there with four pedestals, and I seem to have blown one of
> the pedestals to shreds with an expanded fireball-spell (it was kinda
> heavily guarded...).
>
> It must be a bug, because now I can't finish the quest - is there some
> trick with the toolset to put the darn thing back in its place? My latest
> save is several hours real time away from the infamous
> fireball-accident...

Your best bet is to either go back to a recent save or spawn in the ruby.
Use the toolset to examine the chapter for the correct code.

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:48:22 AM

"Peridot" <peridotnot@notnoticeus.us> skrev i meddelelsen

> Your best bet is to either go back to a recent save or spawn in the
> ruby. Use the toolset to examine the chapter for the correct code.

OK, I'll give it a go. Thanks.

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:24:59 AM

Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> skrev i meddelelsen news:421a8f66$0
$310$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk:

> "Peridot" <peridotnot@notnoticeus.us> skrev i meddelelsen
>> Your best bet is to either go back to a recent save or spawn in the
>> ruby. Use the toolset to examine the chapter for the correct code.

I'm obviously doing something wrong here.

First I tried respawning the jewel (in DebugMode, of course) like this:
dm_spawnitem MagicGlowingBall<enter>, and I get a "Success"-msg, but
nothing else.
Then I tried respawning the pillar in question:
dm_spawnitem M3Q3PedBlue, again, a success-msg, but no cigar. :-(

Any suggestions?

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
LB®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:25:00 AM

> Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> skrev i meddelelsen news:421a8f66$0
> $310$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk:
>
>> "Peridot" <peridotnot@notnoticeus.us> skrev i meddelelsen
>>> Your best bet is to either go back to a recent save or spawn in the
>>> ruby. Use the toolset to examine the chapter for the correct code.
>
> I'm obviously doing something wrong here.
>
> First I tried respawning the jewel (in DebugMode, of course) like this:
> dm_spawnitem MagicGlowingBall<enter>, and I get a "Success"-msg, but
> nothing else.
> Then I tried respawning the pillar in question:
> dm_spawnitem M3Q3PedBlue, again, a success-msg, but no cigar. :-(
>
> Any suggestions?

dm_spawnitem M3Q1_A11_LIL_STA

This will spawn the Star Sapphire
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:18:33 PM

"Peridot" <peridotnot@notnoticeus.us> skrev i meddelelsen news:tWASd.71
$Hs.32@okepread04:

> This will spawn the Star Sapphire

Thanks! That did it. :-)
Better take a closer look at the toolset, then.

--
!