Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XP System32 Drivers Question Please

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 24, 2005 9:20:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I understand that the driver files that XP uses for my Samsung CDRW are
located in the Windows/ system32/drivers folder.
I think my driver folder might be corrupted by some InCD files left in
it after an uninstall of InCD. Can I delete the entire system32 driver
folder and will XP rebuild it fresh on a reboot? I sure don't want to do
this if XP doesn't rebuild this folder :-) But if it does, doing this
might solve an issue for me with my CDRW drive by giving me a pristine
driver folder so that I can then uninstall the device, have XP recognize
it on reboot and reinstall the default driver.
Reason I'm considering doing this is that there is an InCD file showing
(InCDPass.sys) in my XP driver files for the CDRW when pulled up in
device manager. I am having some issues, but I have no way of knowing if
this file is the culprit or not. There are 3 InCD files in the system32
driver folder (InCDfs) (InCDPass) and (InCDrec). Only InCDPass is
showing up in device manager for the drive.
Also, if some kind soul with a Samsung CDRW would look and tell me if
there is an InCDPass file in their device manager for their drive, that
would help a lot also.
Note; already did a system restore. What I need to know really is
whether these InCD files should be there, and if not, how to get a
pristine driver folder again in XP?
Thanks much,
Dudley
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 24, 2005 9:23:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Dudley,

This is my driver list in Device Manager:

SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\storprop.dll

Have you tried just deleting the InCD file in that folder to see if it
solves your issue?

As far as deleting the entire folder? I would not, yet. Let me research this
and I'll get back to you.

Good Luck,
Mickey
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 24, 2005 9:37:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Dudley,

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
Ah. This is a tricky one,

This is a list of what I believe are universal drivers used on most
systems...and which I keep on my

system...USUALLY BECAUSE MY SYSTEM WILL NOT BOOT...which seems like a fairly
good reason,

don't you think:

ACPI.sys
AEC.SYS
AFD.SYS
atapi.sys
AUDSTUB.SYS
BEEP.SYS
CDAUDIO.SYS
Cdfs.sys
CDROM.SYS
CLASSPNP.SYS
disk.sys
DMUSIC.SYS
DRMK.SYS
DRMKAUD.SYS
DXAPI.SYS
DXG.SYS
DXGTHK.SYS
FDC.SYS
FIPS.SYS
FLPYDISK.SYS
FS_REC.SYS
GAMEENUM.SYS
IMAPI.SYS
IPSEC.SYS
isapnp.sys
KBDCLASS.SYS
KMIXER.SYS
KS.SYS
MNMDD.SYS
MODEM.SYS
MODEMCSA.SYS
MOUCLASS.SYS
MountMgr.sys
Msfs.sys
MSGPC.SYS
Mup.sys
NDIS.sys
NDISTAPI.SYS
NDISWAN.SYS
NDPROXY.SYS
NETBT.SYS
Npfs.sys
Ntfs.sys
NULL.SYS
PARPORT.SYS
PartMgr.sys
PARVDM.SYS
pci.sys
PCIIDEX.SYS
PTILINK.SYS
RASACD.SYS
RASL2TP.SYS
RASPPPOE.SYS
RASPPTP.SYS
RASPTI.SYS
RDPCDD.SYS
REDBOOK.SYS
SCSIPORT.SYS
SERENUM.SYS
SERIAL.SYS
SFLOPPY.SYS
SPLITTER.SYS
SWENUM.SYS
SWMIDI.SYS
SYSAUDIO.SYS
TCPIP.SYS
TDI.SYS
TERMDD.SYS
UPDATE.SYS
USBD.SYS
USBHUB.SYS
USBPORT.SYS
USBUHCI.SYS
VGA.SYS
VIDEOPRT.SYS
VolSnap.sys
WANARP.SYS
WDMAUD.SYS
WMILIB.SYS

I also need these drivers, and I am fairly

certain that these, we almost all need on our systems:

asyncmac.sys
ctlfacem.sys
ctljystk.sys
dmio.sys
dmload.sys
emu10k1m.sys
mrxsmb.sys
MSPCLOCK.sys
MSPQM.sys
netbios.sys
processr.sys
psched.sys
rdbss.sys
rdpdr.sys
sfmanm.sys
stream.sys
Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 24, 2005 11:22:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Mickey;

I'm about ready to give up on this thing :-) I uninstalled InCD finally
after having nothing but trouble with it's formatting crashing the
computer. Now I'm just trying to use XP's default drivers for the CDRW.
It's an (SM-352B)
My driver details in DM are exactly as yours are with the exception of
the one InCD file (InCDPass.sys). I've tried every which way but loose
to get rid of it and reload the CDRW with the InCD file out of there,
but it's a no go. If I take the file out of the system32 drivers folder
and put it on the desktop, then uninstall the CDRW in DM and reboot, XP
recognizes the CDRW but won't install the drivers. The CDRW shows a
yellow bang in DM every time I try it. XP simply won't accept the driver
without that InCDPASS.sys being in the system32 driver folder. If I put
the file back in the folder and uninstall the CDRW and reboot, the
driver installs with the InCD file in it.
I guess I could just leave well enough alone, but I've been down this
route before with these things. What usually happens is a conflict down
the line somewhere :-)
If you think of anything, let me know will ya. Appreciate it!! :-)
Dudley
"Mickey" <barkerpad@aol.com> wrote in message
news:o OEbGBtGFHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Dudley,
>
> This is my driver list in Device Manager:
>
> SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\storprop.dll
>
> Have you tried just deleting the InCD file in that folder to see if it
> solves your issue?
>
> As far as deleting the entire folder? I would not, yet. Let me
> research this and I'll get back to you.
>
> Good Luck,
> Mickey
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 24, 2005 11:25:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Thanks. I've printed this out for reference.
D
"Mickey" <barkerpad@aol.com> wrote in message
news:%23tWnBJtGFHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Dudley,
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
> Ah. This is a tricky one,
>
> This is a list of what I believe are universal drivers used on most
> systems...and which I keep on my
>
> system...USUALLY BECAUSE MY SYSTEM WILL NOT BOOT...which seems like a
> fairly good reason,
>
> don't you think:
>
> ACPI.sys
> AEC.SYS
> AFD.SYS
> atapi.sys
> AUDSTUB.SYS
> BEEP.SYS
> CDAUDIO.SYS
> Cdfs.sys
> CDROM.SYS
> CLASSPNP.SYS
> disk.sys
> DMUSIC.SYS
> DRMK.SYS
> DRMKAUD.SYS
> DXAPI.SYS
> DXG.SYS
> DXGTHK.SYS
> FDC.SYS
> FIPS.SYS
> FLPYDISK.SYS
> FS_REC.SYS
> GAMEENUM.SYS
> IMAPI.SYS
> IPSEC.SYS
> isapnp.sys
> KBDCLASS.SYS
> KMIXER.SYS
> KS.SYS
> MNMDD.SYS
> MODEM.SYS
> MODEMCSA.SYS
> MOUCLASS.SYS
> MountMgr.sys
> Msfs.sys
> MSGPC.SYS
> Mup.sys
> NDIS.sys
> NDISTAPI.SYS
> NDISWAN.SYS
> NDPROXY.SYS
> NETBT.SYS
> Npfs.sys
> Ntfs.sys
> NULL.SYS
> PARPORT.SYS
> PartMgr.sys
> PARVDM.SYS
> pci.sys
> PCIIDEX.SYS
> PTILINK.SYS
> RASACD.SYS
> RASL2TP.SYS
> RASPPPOE.SYS
> RASPPTP.SYS
> RASPTI.SYS
> RDPCDD.SYS
> REDBOOK.SYS
> SCSIPORT.SYS
> SERENUM.SYS
> SERIAL.SYS
> SFLOPPY.SYS
> SPLITTER.SYS
> SWENUM.SYS
> SWMIDI.SYS
> SYSAUDIO.SYS
> TCPIP.SYS
> TDI.SYS
> TERMDD.SYS
> UPDATE.SYS
> USBD.SYS
> USBHUB.SYS
> USBPORT.SYS
> USBUHCI.SYS
> VGA.SYS
> VIDEOPRT.SYS
> VolSnap.sys
> WANARP.SYS
> WDMAUD.SYS
> WMILIB.SYS
>
> I also need these drivers, and I am fairly
>
> certain that these, we almost all need on our systems:
>
> asyncmac.sys
> ctlfacem.sys
> ctljystk.sys
> dmio.sys
> dmload.sys
> emu10k1m.sys
> mrxsmb.sys
> MSPCLOCK.sys
> MSPQM.sys
> netbios.sys
> processr.sys
> psched.sys
> rdbss.sys
> rdpdr.sys
> sfmanm.sys
> stream.sys
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 24, 2005 11:25:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Dudley,

Have you opened DM and under "Drivers", Update Driver or Rollback Driver, or
Uninstall Driver, than Reboot?

I'm still researching other avenues for you.

Don't delete any folders within C:\Windows, not a good idea, We will figure
it out together.

Mickey
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 24, 2005 11:25:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Dudley,
Try this: I obtained this information from your CDRW Manual on
www.samsung.com.

Setting Up the Device Driver

Automatic Setup

The device driver is located in the Ddriver folder of the CD Record Utility
disc which is provided in the package.

Insert the CD Record Utility disc into the CD-ROM drive and open the Ddriver
folder.

Run the CDSETUP.EXE file in the Ddriver folder.

When Setup is successfully completed, click OK button or press the Enter
key.

Reboot the computer.



Manual Setup

Make the C:\SAMSUNG directory.

Copy the files from the diskette to the C:\SAMSUNG directory.

To do so, type COPY D:\Ddriver * . * C:\SAMSUNG after the C:\prompt and
press [Enter].

Edit the CONFIG.SYS file.

Add the DEVICE=C:\SAMSUNG\SSCDROM.SYS \D:SSCD000/V entry.

Edit the AUTOEXEC.BAT file.

Add the C:\SAMSUNG\MSCDEX/D:SSCD000 entry.

Reboot the computer.



Let me know,

Mickey
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 25, 2005 12:31:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Tried all that Mick. No joy!
Don't bother getting into this too much Mickey. I think it's probably at
the point where the base driver is corrupted somehow. I think it might
be because when Hypersonic configured the computer before delivery, they
installed both Roxio and Nero on it. I uninstalled Roxio right away and
have gone with InCD, but always with problems. I think Roxio left me a
Registry present when it left :-)
Now Nero has been uninstalled, leaving behind three files in the driver
cache, and one is loading as part of the default XP driver for the OD.
It might just be time to reinstall XP and start from scratch. :-)
Dudley
"Mickey" <barkerpad@aol.com> wrote in message
news:o ITSZotGFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Dudley,
>
> Have you opened DM and under "Drivers", Update Driver or Rollback
> Driver, or Uninstall Driver, than Reboot?
>
> I'm still researching other avenues for you.
>
> Don't delete any folders within C:\Windows, not a good idea, We will
> figure it out together.
>
> Mickey
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 25, 2005 12:31:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Dudley,
You may want to try and Re-Install InCD, and reboot than uninstall it again,
it's worth a try. I have found Way too many articles and posts on InCD and
the problems it causes, I use Nero StartSmart and Nero Express and I have
had no problems at all. But for some reason the InCD keeps popping up in
Internet Posts with alot of problems with XP. Have you tried Nero's Post
Forum, I have seen a few on the subject, Sorry I couldn't help you. Best of
Luck.
Mickey
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 25, 2005 12:33:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I checked this out on their site earlier and downloaded the manual in
PDF. I saw the reference. Problem is; Hypersonic didn't give me a disk
for the drive for some reason. I'll call them tomorrow and check this
out. If I had that CD, I could reload the driver.
Dudley
"Mickey" <barkerpad@aol.com> wrote in message
news:o giot2tGFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Dudley,
> Try this: I obtained this information from your CDRW Manual on
> www.samsung.com.
>
> Setting Up the Device Driver
>
> Automatic Setup
>
> The device driver is located in the Ddriver folder of the CD Record
> Utility disc which is provided in the package.
>
> Insert the CD Record Utility disc into the CD-ROM drive and open the
> Ddriver folder.
>
> Run the CDSETUP.EXE file in the Ddriver folder.
>
> When Setup is successfully completed, click OK button or press the
> Enter key.
>
> Reboot the computer.
>
>
>
> Manual Setup
>
> Make the C:\SAMSUNG directory.
>
> Copy the files from the diskette to the C:\SAMSUNG directory.
>
> To do so, type COPY D:\Ddriver * . * C:\SAMSUNG after the C:\prompt
> and press [Enter].
>
> Edit the CONFIG.SYS file.
>
> Add the DEVICE=C:\SAMSUNG\SSCDROM.SYS \D:SSCD000/V entry.
>
> Edit the AUTOEXEC.BAT file.
>
> Add the C:\SAMSUNG\MSCDEX/D:SSCD000 entry.
>
> Reboot the computer.
>
>
>
> Let me know,
>
> Mickey
>
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 25, 2005 12:59:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

The recent update fixes several problems with InCD, particularly with
Virtual PC.

--
Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
(Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
"Mickey" <barkerpad@aol.com> wrote in message
news:eqEO2puGFHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Dudley,
> You may want to try and Re-Install InCD, and reboot than uninstall it
> again, it's worth a try. I have found Way too many articles and posts on
> InCD and the problems it causes, I use Nero StartSmart and Nero Express
> and I have had no problems at all. But for some reason the InCD keeps
> popping up in Internet Posts with alot of problems with XP. Have you tried
> Nero's Post Forum, I have seen a few on the subject, Sorry I couldn't help
> you. Best of Luck.
> Mickey
>
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 25, 2005 2:17:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hey...thanks for trying anyway Mickey. I really appreciate it when
people respond and try to help. I think what I'll do is call Hypersonic
and talk to them about it. I know they won't be able to solve it, and I
really don't want to use their resource disk to take everything back to
the mirror they made at initial install. Reason for this is that they
sent the computer to me with both Roxio and nero on the hard drive
already. I think what I'll do is reformat and reinstall XP clean. Then
just use the default XP drivers to back up on CDRW's as read only. My
needs are simple enough that the drag and drop isn't all that important.
As long as a read only file can be executed, I'm ok with that.
Thanks again for the effort .
D
"Mickey" <barkerpad@aol.com> wrote in message
news:eqEO2puGFHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Dudley,
> You may want to try and Re-Install InCD, and reboot than uninstall it
> again, it's worth a try. I have found Way too many articles and posts
> on InCD and the problems it causes, I use Nero StartSmart and Nero
> Express and I have had no problems at all. But for some reason the
> InCD keeps popping up in Internet Posts with alot of problems with XP.
> Have you tried Nero's Post Forum, I have seen a few on the subject,
> Sorry I couldn't help you. Best of Luck.
> Mickey
>
>
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 25, 2005 12:23:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

My system came preloaded with both Roxio and Nero InCD on it. In my
opinion it was doomed from the start with this setup due to conflicts
with the drivers. I uninstalled Roxio EZCD Creator immediately and have
had nothing but trouble with InCD ever since. The latest version only
made my system worse. I've used the clean tool...the registry
tool....and uninstalled and reinstalled InCD trying to fix the issues
with crashing during format on the CDRW disks. Even changed media; no
soap.
Now, I've uninstalled Nero for good and am using the XP default drivers
for the Samsung CDRW, but Nero has put a driver file in the default
driver that can't be removed if the driver is to work.
The system is so corrupted at this point, I'm simply going to clean
reinstall XP.
Thank you for responding anyway.
DH
"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
news:urm99avGFHA.2744@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> The recent update fixes several problems with InCD, particularly with
> Virtual PC.
>
> --
> Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
> (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
> "Mickey" <barkerpad@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:eqEO2puGFHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Dudley,
>> You may want to try and Re-Install InCD, and reboot than uninstall it
>> again, it's worth a try. I have found Way too many articles and posts
>> on InCD and the problems it causes, I use Nero StartSmart and Nero
>> Express and I have had no problems at all. But for some reason the
>> InCD keeps popping up in Internet Posts with alot of problems with
>> XP. Have you tried Nero's Post Forum, I have seen a few on the
>> subject, Sorry I couldn't help you. Best of Luck.
>> Mickey
>>
>>
>
>
!