Media Player Crashing with DVDs

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

My problem is that every time I try to play a dvd in windows media player it
crashes. Happens with every dvd I try and play. Plays for a few seconds
then freezes. Windows error reporting service generates a report which I
can provide if anyone knows about these reports. I have tried reinstalling
windows media player but still does the same thing. I have media player 10.

Jake

--

"Today I saw a little worm
Wriggling on his belly.

The virtual cd drive cannot handle a disc or image greater than 2.2GB. It
is an implementation limitation. There is nothing wrong with your virtual
machine or your dvd. The dvd just contains more data than the virtual drive
can handle. It is not a virtual dvd drive, just a virtual cd drive that can
handle very large cd's.

"Jake" <jake@home.co.uk> wrote in message
> My problem is that every time I try to play a dvd in windows media player
> it crashes. Happens with every dvd I try and play. Plays for a few
> seconds then freezes. Windows error reporting service generates a report
> which I can provide if anyone knows about these reports. I have tried
> reinstalling windows media player but still does the same thing. I have
> media player 10.
>
> Jake
>
> --
>
> "Today I saw a little worm
> Wriggling on his belly.
> Perhaps he'd like to come inside
> And see what's on the Telly."
> Spike Milligan

Ignore the above post. I sent it to the wrong thread. It was an answer to
a different poster on another issue.