Windows Mobile 2003 ce "screensaver"

May 4, 2005 2:18:13 PM

hello

on my PPC i have windows mobile 2003 ce
how can i turn off the screensaver

thanks
Gordon
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 2:42:14 PM

Hi

There is no "screensaver" funktiunallity on a windows mobile, what you is
think of is properly that the backlight turn of when device have not been
used for a specific number og seconds.

you can adjust that time by going it to start -> setting -> ssytem tab ->
backlight and adjust the "turn off backlight if device not used for" there
are two one used when the device is running on battry and one when connected
to external power, the last one is on the "external power" tab.

you can allso adjust the time for when the device turn off in Start ->
setting -> power

--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen

"Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> hello
>
> on my PPC i have windows mobile 2003 ce
> how can i turn off the screensaver
>
> thanks
> Gordon

May 4, 2005 4:12:02 PM

I have already don that

when i use Tomtom Navigator 3
the screen turns to the calendar with some pictures in the background

that is whet i want to turn off

i have a HP Ipaq 3715
Regards,
Gordon

"Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> schreef in bericht
> Hi
>
> There is no "screensaver" funktiunallity on a windows mobile, what you is
> think of is properly that the backlight turn of when device have not been
> used for a specific number og seconds.
>
> you can adjust that time by going it to start -> setting -> ssytem tab ->
> backlight and adjust the "turn off backlight if device not used for" there
> are two one used when the device is running on battry and one when
> connected to external power, the last one is on the "external power" tab.
>
> you can allso adjust the time for when the device turn off in Start ->
> setting -> power
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Allan Boegild Pedersen
> www.pda-faq.com
>

> "Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> hello
>>
>> on my PPC i have windows mobile 2003 ce
>> how can i turn off the screensaver
>>
>> thanks
>> Gordon

May 4, 2005 4:21:40 PM

Hi

Ok... then i guess you have some 3. part software installed... Dockware
maybe???

--

>I have already don that
>
> when i use Tomtom Navigator 3
> the screen turns to the calendar with some pictures in the background
>
> that is whet i want to turn off
>
> i have a HP Ipaq 3715
> Regards,
> Gordon
>

> "Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> schreef in bericht
>> Hi
>>
>> There is no "screensaver" funktiunallity on a windows mobile, what you is
>> think of is properly that the backlight turn of when device have not been
>> used for a specific number og seconds.
>>
>> you can adjust that time by going it to start -> setting -> ssytem tab ->
>> backlight and adjust the "turn off backlight if device not used for"
>> there are two one used when the device is running on battry and one when
>> connected to external power, the last one is on the "external power" tab.
>>
>> you can allso adjust the time for when the device turn off in Start ->
>> setting -> power
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Allan Boegild Pedersen
>> www.pda-faq.com
>>

>> "Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>>> hello
>>>
>>> on my PPC i have windows mobile 2003 ce
>>> how can i turn off the screensaver
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Gordon

May 4, 2005 7:22:24 PM

Yes
Dockware

can i turn it off
what does it do?

or must i uninstall it
(is this program in use for other programs?)

"Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> schreef in bericht
news:o SFxWMJUFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Ok... then i guess you have some 3. part software installed... Dockware
> maybe???
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Allan Boegild Pedersen
> www.pda-faq.com
>

> "Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>>I have already don that
>>
>> when i use Tomtom Navigator 3
>> the screen turns to the calendar with some pictures in the background
>>
>> that is whet i want to turn off
>>
>> i have a HP Ipaq 3715
>> Regards,
>> Gordon
>>

>> "Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> schreef in bericht
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> There is no "screensaver" funktiunallity on a windows mobile, what you
>>> is think of is properly that the backlight turn of when device have not
>>> been used for a specific number og seconds.
>>>
>>> you can adjust that time by going it to start -> setting -> ssytem
>>> tab -> backlight and adjust the "turn off backlight if device not used
>>> for" there are two one used when the device is running on battry and one
>>> when connected to external power, the last one is on the "external
>>> power" tab.
>>>
>>> you can allso adjust the time for when the device turn off in Start ->
>>> setting -> power
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Allan Boegild Pedersen
>>> www.pda-faq.com
>>>

>>> "Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 7:22:25 PM

"Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
news:o %23bpWxKUFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Yes
> Dockware
>
> can i turn it off
> what does it do?
>

> or must i uninstall it
> (is this program in use for other programs?)

You can turn it off within the program itself - I believe it is a tap and
hold while on to get to the options, but do not remember for certain.
However, on every hard reset of my ipaq I just remove it ( [ stands on soap
box ] that, the sample music. sample pics and "annoying for the space it
takes" welcome to ipaq hp presentation - saves over a meg of storage memory.
Then another part of the ritual is to go to buttons and lock all but power
switch, turn off certain sounds, check and see if the storage card has
changed its name back to SD card, reset the device name, etc. Well, you get
the ideal, so if you get it set where you want it a backup might be nice at
this point... good luck [ leave soap box, exit stage left ] ).
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 7:51:48 PM

Dockware is a application that start when you PPC has been cradled for an
amount of time and display a picture and calender. this way you can use your
PPC as a digital pictureframe.

however it is not great when using navigation software

i would recomment uninstalling the application start->setting-> remove
programs

--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen
www.pda-faq.com

"Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:o %23bpWxKUFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Yes
> Dockware
>
> can i turn it off
> what does it do?
>

> or must i uninstall it
> (is this program in use for other programs?)
>

> "Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> schreef in bericht
> news:o SFxWMJUFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> Ok... then i guess you have some 3. part software installed... Dockware
>> maybe???
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Allan Boegild Pedersen
>> www.pda-faq.com
>>

>> "Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>>>I have already don that
>>>
>>> when i use Tomtom Navigator 3
>>> the screen turns to the calendar with some pictures in the background
>>>
>>> that is whet i want to turn off
>>>
>>> i have a HP Ipaq 3715
>>> Regards,
>>> Gordon
>>>

>>> "Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> schreef in bericht

May 4, 2005 8:07:10 PM

i wil try it

> Dockware is a application that start when you PPC has been cradled for an
> amount of time and display a picture and calender. this way you can use
> your PPC as a digital pictureframe.
>
> however it is not great when using navigation software
>
> i would recomment uninstalling the application start->setting-> remove
> programs
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Allan Boegild Pedersen
> www.pda-faq.com
>
> "Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:o %23bpWxKUFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Yes
>> Dockware
>>
>> can i turn it off
>> what does it do?
>>

>> or must i uninstall it
>> (is this program in use for other programs?)
>>

>> "Allan Boegild Pedersen" <abp@Removethis.mail.dk> schreef in bericht
>> news:o SFxWMJUFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Ok... then i guess you have some 3. part software installed... Dockware
>>> maybe???
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Allan Boegild Pedersen
>>> www.pda-faq.com
>>>

>>> "Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> skrev i en meddelelse

May 4, 2005 8:46:23 PM

Click on Start>Programs, scroll to Dockware, and single click to start it.
Then tap and hold on the screen and remove the tick on Start Automatically.
this willl stop it.

On my hx4700, it is in rom, so cannot be uninstalled.

John

"Gordon" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> hello
>
> on my PPC i have windows mobile 2003 ce