AGP S3 TRIO 3D/Upgrade help

ibmer

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
We have an IBM 300PL [ooold] running win 2000 pro.Its my husbands machine,ALL he does is gamble...online poker and horse races..he dosent surf the web. He dosent even listen to music..problem?,,the video card,,he cant seem to get the video feeds for the races.I thought it might be the card?? I went to s3 trio site and got the best drivers...no help..plus,thier no longer making these..what would be the next step up? All we need is a small upgradeed card?!? Belark adviser...AGP S3 Trio 3D SVGA Drive o5.26.7..he just wants to watch the races...thanks....

atp777

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
There are many low cost AGP cards you could buy for this system. The only thing is that the AGP bus needs to run at least at 4x. If it does you're all set.

Here's a link to a $30.00 AGP card that would work for you if it is AGP 4x at least. Thhat page also lists system hardware requirements in a tab named 'Specifications'.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127148

I'm also wondering what internet connections speed you have, and if that could be the reason why video won't stream.

Good luck.

ibmer

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Hi! First, Ill say "Thankyou for your help!" We are on Quest DSL, and it is verrry fast!We love it.I also have an IBM NetVista,win2000 pro and it does really great with all my videos ect. thats why I thought it was the video card..Ill check out your links..so much thanks!![even tho Im not sure what x4 means...thnx again